Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team not as bad as you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Miami set a record today for the shortest time for a 3 and out.

16 seconds.

That's putrid.

Jax missed 3 kicks in OT that would have beat the Colts.

Cut the kicker and move on.

Yeah, but the Colts aren't as good as many think either... and they didn't have Andrew Luck playing, should've been a win.

It's just infuriating, dude. Tired of watching this team beat themselves when victory is right in front of them. You can see flashes from this team and what they could become, but they're just not taking advantage of situations that are given to them.

Sorry, but the Jags should have easily beat the clots today. I thought they were the worst team in the NFL, guess i was wrong since they just beat the Jags with their retirement home team.
Quote:Sorry, but the Jags should have easily beat the clots today. I thought they were the worst team in the NFL, guess i was wrong since they just beat the Jags with their retirement home team.
This. I was cooling down, but now i'm upset again.
It makes you wonder how the Jaguars beat the Dolphins, after how they've played since...

We believe in Losing, We believe in Losing, (louder now and jump more), We believe in Losing!

Quote:This. I was cooling down, but now i'm upset again.

Sorry. Lol
Quote:It makes you wonder how the Jaguars beat the Dolphins, after how they've played since...

We believe in Losing, We believe in Losing, (louder now and jump more), We believe in Losing!

They didn't get in their own way and didn't play as sloppy as usual. Robinson having a career game also helped.
It was a gut wrenching loss but the team is ranked 18th overall in Offense & Defense heading into week 5 (of course two teams havent played yet)...

Stats are fun but having your favorite team win is more fun...

Quote:It was a gut wrenching loss but the team is ranked 18th overall in Offense & Defense heading into week 5 (of course two teams havent played yet)...

18th out of 32 teams is still below average no matter how you spin it.
This is by far the most ridiculous post ive seen.

"We're not bad, we're probably just the 2nd worst team in the league for the third straight year"
Quote:It was a gut wrenching loss but the team is ranked 18th overall in Offense & Defense heading into week 5 (of course two teams havent played yet)...

It's all relative. Yards dont count for [BLEEP] if they dont lead to points
1st and goal and you settle for a fg from the 2
Quote:18th out of 32 teams is still below average no matter how you spin it.

The team is in last place of the AFC South, and 25th in the League according to NFL.com, so I guess its even worse than 18th place really...

Quote:It's all relative. Yards dont count for [BAD WORD REMOVED] if they dont lead to points

True, too many opportunities only to come up short in the Red Zone.
oh plz, we lost to a terrible colts team with a backup qb

this team is horrible

This teams has the most talented roster it's had in years. Two young good WRs (Hurns and ARob), 2 good young RBs (Yeldon and DRob), a top tier TE (Thomas), a good young QB, a decent OLine and a decent defense.

Sure we've been unlucky with injuries (most teams have 1 or 2 starters on the injury report, we have 5 or 6 usually) but it's still not good enough, we had so many chances to win that game yesterday but we basically handed the clots the game.

Quote:Miami set a record today for the shortest time for a 3 and out.

16 seconds.

That's putrid.

Jax missed 3 kicks in OT that would have beat the Colts.

Cut the kicker and move on.
From a pure talent perspective?

No it isn't.

However, even conceding injuries are impacting the team, I don't think Bradley is getting as much results out of these guys as he should be.

Last year, or 2013?  Yeah, he was likely overmatched.

But he's got some talent on this team now.

Yesterday's game was winnable.

We didn't win.
I agree with you the team is not as bad as you think I mean their has been the 2008 detriot lions (at least the Jaguars have one win this season in the books), and who could forget the 1976 to 1977 Tampa Bucs lost 26 games in a row..

so cheer up it might be the worst Jaguars team in history but not the worst in NFL history!
Quote:I agree with you the team is not as bad as you think I mean their has been the 2008 detriot lions (at least the Jaguars have one win this season in the books), and who could forget the 1976 to 1977 Tampa Bucs lost 26 games in a row..

so cheer up it might be the worst Jaguars team in history but not the worst in NFL history!

This team is much better than the jags team from last year and much better than the jags team 2 yrs ago. I can post the rosters if you need a reminder. We got blown out by a Pats team that embarrasses most everyone and lost a close game to a former pro bowler because our kicker couldn't convert any of his three opportunities. Gus and Bortles put us in a position to win. Homeboy just couldn't make the kick.

I know first place and poised to push for the playoffs would have been really nice. But I am seeing a 6, 7 win team as we expected. I don't think we are off track by any means. Give us JT, Marks and DRob back and we will look that much more competitive. Next year when we have a pass rush it will be even better. It doesn't matter if your competition is a 40 yr old back up if he has all day in the pocket.
The team might not be as bad as you think, but the HC sure is.

Pages: 1 2 3