Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Muhammad Ali's son detained at airport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Muhammad Ali Jr. was reportedly detained at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. According to a family friend and attorney, Ali and his mother were detained for their "Arabic sounding names" and Mr. Ali was asked twice during his 2 hour detainment if he was Muslim.

Interestingly, Mr. Ali's mother was released when she showed officials a photograph of her with Muhammad Ali, but her son had no picture proving his identity, though he did have a U.S. passport. They were traveling from Jamaica.

This was reported on several news sites, but I have no idea if it's fake news, or not.

I'm sure "because of their Arabic sounding names" is legit.
Just quoting the article, but can you think of any other reason for detaining them?

This just smells fishy.  I am sure details will be forthcoming.
They let her go because she showed a picture of her with her ex husband Ali, but wouldn't let her son, named Muhammed Ali jr. go because he couldn't produce a picture with him?

Somebody is gonna get fired...
Sounds like satire to me
This is kind of early news wise. Give it a few days. I am sure if it happened we'll get more official statements and confirmations from him and his family about it. 

It supposedly happened on the 7th
Quote:Just quoting the article, but can you think of any other reason for detaining them?

When all you've given is his side, I can't think of too many other reasons.

But I'm sure they stopped him because he's black and Muslim. I'm sure it can't be anything else. 
Quote:When all you've given is his side, I can't think of too many other reasons.

But I'm sure they stopped him because he's black and Muslim. I'm sure it can't be anything else.

What makes you so sure, and who said anything about Mr. Ali's skin color?
Quote:What makes you so sure, and who said anything about Mr. Ali's skin color?

To be fair JIB has every right to inject race or race bait where it helps his argument.
On topic, I thought a federal judge threw out This guy's EO and it was back to business as usual? Why are some airports still doing the "vetting"?
Quote:On topic, I thought a federal judge threw out This guy's EO and it was back to business as usual? Why are some airports still doing the "vetting"?

Its weird to think they actually had some form of airport security before Trump took his oath, huh?
Quote:To be fair JIB has every right to inject race or race bait where it helps his argument.

[Image: 5a89a366a59fe6c93e11849dea9c507c.jpg]
Quote:To be fair JIB has every right to inject race or race bait where it helps his argument.

To be fair, I was replying to JagNGeorgia, not JIB, who hasn't posted in this thread.
Quote:To be fair, I was replying to JagNGeorgia, not JIB, who hasn't posted in this thread.

Good point
Quote:Its weird to think they actually had some form of airport security before Trump took his oath, huh?

Religion doesn't kill people. Evil ideology does.
Quote:Religion doesn't kill people. Evil ideology does.

Tomato, Tom-ahh-toe.
Quote:Sounds like satire to me

Everything now does. Such is life in soviet amerika. Danke Drumpf!
Quote:Everything now does. Such is life in soviet amerika. Danke Drumpf!

Like mixing German and Russian, good jorb.
Pages: 1 2