Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We Have To Get Grant More Touches.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
....in space.

whats the point of having an elite athletic specimen at your disposal on offense only to run him one or two times on inside zone running plays?

GET THIS GUY 6 OR 7 TOUCHES NOW!!

SCREENS

TOSSES

FLARES

ANYTHING!!

I know Blake missed him on a wheel in NE (I think), so that was okay, but lets make a concerted effort to get this guy the dang ball!

Quote:....in space.

whats the point of having an elite athletic specimen at your disposal on offense only to run him one or two times on inside zone running plays?

GET THIS GUY 6 OR 7 TOUCHES NOW!!

SCREENS

TOSSES

FLARES

ANYTHING!!

I know Blake missed him on a wheel in NE (I think),
so that was okay, but lets make a concerted effort to get this guy the dang ball!

Blake hit him in the hands and Grant dropped it.
Quote:.

I know Blake missed him on a wheel in NE (I think), so that was okay, but lets make a concerted effort to get this guy the dang ball!

The ball went through his hands.
that's right, it hit him in the wrong spot.......his hands

that said, WE GOT TO GET GRANT MORE TOUCHES!

SCREENS! I've been saying this forever, get Grant involved. If he sees daylight it will be huge yards gained or TD. Throw him RB screens and WR screens. Use him somehow.

we haven't had speed like him in forever so let's give him one run up the middle per game! yeah, that's the ticket

I have no problem with getting Grant more touches. Just means less touches for Yeldon.

They need to watch some film on Sproles and try to involve him the way New Orleans used to.

au contraire, mon frere

just keep Toby Gersoft on the pine and give Grant whatever he would have gotten

Elite athletic specimen?

Ummmmmmm...
I like his running style. Think he needs a year or two before we start relying on him tho
I haven't seen squat out of this guy, to be honest.  He looks very unimpressive with the ball in his hands, no wiggle, moves, goes down right away on contact.  We're wasting our time with this guy.

Nah when Lee is on the field he'll get the speed touches and misdirections 3 times a game.

Just kidding, I have no major issues with the playcall actually.

Even with Linder out, I expect Yeldon to make a name for himself this week.
A few touches a game are fine for now. If he had any patience at all he could have gone for big yards last week on the screen play but he didn't allow the lineman time to get out in front.
I just want Denard back, Grant's a bum.

More beautiful insights from GM/HC rocdee....
We had Shoelace for change of pace but you guessed it.......hurt.

Watch Yeldon go down this week
Grant is overrated by many.  He has straight line speed, but does not make defenders miss and goes down way too easily. 

Quote:I just want Denard back, Grant's a bum.

You've determined that 3 games into his rookie season? You have a eye for talent
Pages: 1 2