Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We can take the lead in the AFC south with a win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know still very early but still you guys got to be excited. I know I am, I can't even remember the last time we lead this division, 2007 I think?... I know we still have a lot of questions to answer but I feel pretty good on our chances. Thoughts on how the division will play out?
We're tied for first. 

We're tied for last.  
Well, it does beat the days of the colts clinching the division by week 9.

Quote:We're tied for first. 

We're tied for last.  
It's a social commentary from a football point of view about dichotomy of life where winning and losing are nothing more than constructs of the mind and champions are the corporate sellouts suckling on the capitalists' bosom. Not many people are doing those, the AFC South should be proud of itself. 
Quote:Well, it does beat the days of the colts clinching the division by week 9.

Don't count that out
as long as Gus is our HC we will never win the division. we need us a real HC that knows how to win.

The negativity on this board is fantastic.

Quick sidebar: I spent 6 years in the Navy, 4 on a submarine (boomer). When we would go to sea, we had this unwritten law; The Law of Conservation of Happiness. Basically whenever we went to sea and closed the hatch for the next 75-125 days, there was only so much happiness brought on-board. The only way to gain happiness was then to take it from others by basking in their misery.

I've gained a lot of happiness from the misery on this board the last week.

27-24 Jags
Beat the Colts, Falcons beat the Texans we are number 1 with a 2-2 record! Moving on to plays teams like Bucs and Texans. Good runway for us just gotta win this weekend to build that momentum!

Quote:Don't count that out

The way Andrew Luck has been playing, it would take much longer than nine weeks and the Colts are unlikely to win the division. We can change the quarterback's name to Andrew Suck.
Quote:The negativity on this board is fantastic.

Quick sidebar: I spent 6 years in the Navy, 4 on a submarine (boomer). When we would go to sea, we had this unwritten law; The Law of Conservation of Happiness. Basically whenever we went to sea and closed the hatch for the next 75-125 days, there was only so much happiness brought on-board. The only way to gain happiness was then to take it from others by basking in their misery.

27-24 Jags

That's terrible.
Quote:The negativity on this board is fantastic.

27-24 Jags

So in a way you can say, the Jags losing makes you happy. 
Quote:So in a way you can say, the Jags losing makes you happy. 

People who think that should not call themselves Jaguars fans. We are talking about a divisional game, not clinching the top pick of the draft.
This game means the most of any in the early part of the schedule. Colts look vulnerable and we should give it a good run. If the team comes out and lays another egg I'm done with Gus.

Quote:The way Andrew Luck has been playing, it would take much longer than nine weeks and the Colts are unlikely to win the division. We can change the quarterback's name to Andrew Suck.

GOOD ONE! Andrew Suck HAHA HAHA
The goal is to make the playoffs, and let the cards play out from there.  Beating the Clots is a good short term goal, even if the playoffs is a pipe dream.

Quote:The goal is to make the playoffs, and let the cards play out from there.  Beating the Colts is a good short term goal, even if the playoffs is a pipe dream.

Of course the playoffs are not a pipe dream if we beat the Colts!
 The jags loseing doesn't make any of us happy,its reality. We know this team can't win. We all know there is lousy coaching with the team. Plently of talent with the players,but our head coach stinks.

Quote: The jags loseing doesn't make any of us happy,its reality. We know this team can't win. We all know there is lousy coaching with the team. Plently of talent with the players,but our head coach stinks.
Odd I just watched them win two weeks ago....
Quote:Odd I just watched them win two weeks ago....

No you didn't. What are you talking about? We have a dirt team with no future and a head coach who's only 2 IQ points away from throwing his own poo on the sidelines.

That's what TRUE REALISTIC fans know, anyway. Get on our level!
Quote: The jags loseing doesn't make any of us happy,its reality. We know this team can't win. We all know there is lousy coaching with the team. Plently of talent with the players,but our head coach stinks.
What happened to the guy who was always so gung-ho about the Jaguars?... Where'd the guy disappear to that posted the one man pep rally video every week, rain or shine? Where's the guy that'd type someone a black eye if they said ANYthing negative about his beloved Jaguars?

You're disappointing me, Snowwolf... It's like you've just given up all of your hopes and dreams.  Did the Donner party give up when they were stranded in the mountains in that raging blizzard? NO !! They ate horse meat and a few of their fellow travelers to survive... Well, this week, we dine on horse meat and it will be like manna from heaven!  Rejoice in it... Revel in the victory that will be ours for the taking.... Go to your local slaughterhouse and tell them you want a couple of three inch horse steaks and eat 'em raw as you scream at your tv, " We will not be denied!!!"
Pages: 1 2 3