Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Historically, we have ran all over the Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They have always been bad against the run. I don't see anything different this year.

If Yeldon can go for 150 and 2 TDs, AND.....keep Luck on the sideline.....then we might have a punchers chance.
I'm laughing at myself a little.  I miss read your line...  I thought it said a "punter's" chance.

From what I understand from looking more into the colts team, it appears that their run defense is actually the strength of their team right now. They are similar to us where they don't get much pressure on the quarterback without scheming for it but can do well against the run. I don't think they have the best stats currently against the run but I think the small sample size might be a reason.
Have run
Would be nice, but Yeldon and the O-Line struggled against a bad Patriots running D. He and the line are going to have to perform exceptionally well to get those kind of numbers.

Quote:They have always been bad against the run. I don't see anything different this year.

If Yeldon can go for 150 and 2 TDs, AND.....keep Luck on the sideline.....then we might have a punchers chance.
If this happens we have far better than a puncher's chance lol 
When was the last time we "ran all over" the Colts? Sure hasn't seemed to happen these last two seasons.

Colts are going to stack the box, so Bortles will have to win this game.
Quote:When was the last time we "ran all over" the Colts? Sure hasn't seemed to happen these last two seasons.

Colts are going to stack the box, so Bortles will have to win this game.
The tape doesn't lie.  Everyone is going to run the same game plan until we beat that plan.  Take away Robinson and make someone not wearing the number 15 beat them.  Stack the box and collapse the short passing game.
I think our Oline will push there Dline around in the run game.

I hope Yeldon gets behind Big Jeremy Parnell and runs wild.
Quote:They have always been bad against the run. I don't see anything different this year.

In the last 4 games, our RBs have rushed for a Total of 51 yards per game.

Total Rushing Yards

RB 75 yards  & 56 yards

Total Rushing Yards

RBs 30 yards & 42 yards

I'm not willing to go back to the MJD days to forecast predictions for this game.  Not only is a healthy MJD no longer here, but there are totally different lines on both sides of the ball.

raweyejag

Quote:In the last 4 games, our RBs have rushed for a Total of 51 yards per game.

Total Rushing Yards

RB 75 yards  & 56 yards

Total Rushing Yards

RBs 30 yards & 42 yards

I'm not willing to go back to the MJD days to forecast predictions for this game.  Not only is a healthy MJD no longer here, but there are totally different lines on both sides of the ball.

Now I know the word Historically was used so it is correct that we have ran all over the colts but need to use the MJD way back machine to get there

150 yards and 2 TD is a lot to ask for. I'm just hoping he gets his 1st 100 yard game and a TD. Hopefully Blake throws a couple or more. If Yeldon runs successfully it will make Blake succeed in the passing game. 

Yeldon's biggest game to date will be this Sunday.  He's proved he can carry the load.  Hopefully with Zane & Luke possibly back, we'll see some lanes.

The title of this thread makes my eyes hurt.

It would be nice for Yeldon and Gerhart to punch through holes all day, but the real running threat is going to be Gore. If we can't stop him, Luck's shoulder is going to be the least of our concerns.

Quote:It would be nice for Yeldon and Gerhart to punch through holes all day, but the real running threat is going to be Gore. If we can't stop him, Luck's shoulder is going to be the least of our concerns.

I agree. I think Gore is the type of back our defense plays well against so I'm hopeful.

Of course I felt that way against Blount too.

The Jaguars you used to know are gone. The Jaguars of today are the new Cleveland Browns.
375!!!!!!!!!!

Man I would love for Yeldon to have his breakout game this week....

We have run all over the dolts in the past. But that was when we had Fred Taylor and/or MoJo. We don't have either of those level guys now...

Pages: 1 2