Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, the inverse relationship between personal prediction records and favorite team performance continued.  Week 2 saw me go 0-4, while the Jaguars exceeded my expectations, wile week 3 saw me go 3-0 in predictions while the team did worse than expected in a blowout loss to the Pats. 

This week is a very short one, with only two games involving division opponents being played, with the Tacks being off this week.

Houston (1-2) at Atlanta (3-0)-While Atlanta is unbeaten, I am not yet sold they are that great.  However, they are at home, have a lot of momentum, and face a Houston team with holes.  Houston has no answer for Julio Jones.  Atlanta wins 27-17.

Jacksonville (1-2) at Indy (1-2)-This is a rare must win week 3 game for the Jags, since we have typically been out of hope by this time in recent years.  This is also a rare must win game for the Colts, who avoided disaster last week in eking out a win over the tacks.  The Colts are a flawed team.  I was skeptical over the FA signing of older players like Gore and Andre Johnson, and I did not care for the selection of Dorsett in the first round, though admittedly I felt if it DID work, Indy would have a versatile passing game that could match up well with just about everyone.  Fortunately, it hasn't worked out for them thus far.  However, the teams that have beaten them thus far (Buffalo and the NYJ) both have strong pass rushes and good secondaries.  Jacksonville sadly has neither of those, as both the DL and the secondary have been ravaged by injuries.  I think the Jaguars have something like 5 healthy DBs going into this game.  In order to beat the Colts, they will need a defensive performance similar to the game in Indy last year, and improved offensive productivity.  I don't think they cobble enough together to get it done, but I hope I am wrong again.  Colts 28-Jaguars 21.

Last week:  3-0

Overall:  5-6 

Last week: 2-1

Overall: 5-6

This week's picks:

ATLANTA over Texans

COLTS over Jags

Going with the opponent until the Jags actually prove me wrong. It's beyond time that the offense shows some good play in the 2ND half. Hope they do.
Falcons

Jags

Last week: 0fer
Falcons

Jaguars

Last week--2-1

Season--6-5
Last week: 3-0

Overall: 5-6

Falcons over Texans

Colts over Jags

Last week 3-0

Overall 7-4

Falcons over Texans

Jaguars over Colts (they have to win this to be taken seriously)
Last week: 2-1

Overall: 4-7

Falcons over Texans

Jaguars over Colts

Houston @ Atlanta - I'm a little biased against Ryan Mallett and that's really not a good thing, especially since I haven't really watched him play this season. I saw where they pulled one out against Tampa last week but I'm still not sold on him. I can actually picture Mallett thinking that he's got this whole NFL thing figured out now that he's won a game and walking into the Atlanta Dome and dropping a stinker all over the field. Also, I just don't see how the Houston secondary is going to stand up against the Matt Ryan fueled passing attack. Atlanta
with the walk off win.

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis - Maybe I've had too much teal Kool Aid this week. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Maybe it's the fact that I can't stop laughing at this headline. Whatever the reason, I think Jacksonville rises up and takes this game from Indianapolis and makes a game out of the whole dang Division this season. Indianapolis is going to sell out to stop the run and I feel like that's going to put insurmountable pressure on their Secondary. What's going to win this game for Jacksonville is their pass rush versus a poor Indianapolis Offensive Line and their passing attack against a depleted secondary. This one will be a shoot out though as Luck is throwing against second and third teamer's as well. Let's just hope that he keeps up his multi-interception per game streak. Jacksonville
is left standing when the dust settles.

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall: 5 - 6

Atlanta

Indy

2-1 last week

4-3 overall (missed week 1)
  Falcons

Colts

2-1 last week

overall 4-7

Atlanta

Jacksonville (I believe)

Last Week 3-0

Overall 5-6

Houston (1-2) at Atlanta (3-0)- I'll take Atlanta in this one and it's not even close!

Jacksonville (1-2) at Indy (1-2)- Jacksonville by a touchdown. There is always a chance with Luck as the QB, but I would expect the defensive line to have their way this game. Aside from a few big plays, their offense will sputter.  I expect the Jags offense to be balanced for the first half with early success, but the run game will take over and be key to taking the win in the second half.

Last Week: 2-1

Overall: 6-5

Atlanta over Houston

Indy over Jax

Last week 2-1

Overall 4-3
Last Week 3-0

Overall 6-5

This week's selections:

Indianapolis over Jacksonville.   Andrew Luck's shoulder injury is the # 1 x factor.   I anticipate this game being close.

Atlanta over Houston

Quote:Last Week 3-0

Overall 6-5

This week's selections:

Indianapolis over Jacksonville.   Andrew Luck's shoulder injury is the # 1 x factor.   I anticipate this game being close.

Atlanta over Houston
Oh come on D6, we all know with Luck likely out, and their starter being 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck, with that terrible O-line protecting him, that the Jags will win this easily. If we lose however, it will most likely mark the beginning of the end for the Bradley era here in Jacksonville. I'll show Detroit some love by saying that they beat Seattle 31-27 in front of the 12th man, and hand Russell Wilson his 3rd home loss as a Seahawk.

I'll take the falcons and colts.

colts being gifted another free run to the playoffs due to the inability of the Jaguars and texans to get their [BLEEP] together.

5-6

Atlanta

Jax
Quote:Oh come on D6, we all know with Luck likely out, and their starter being 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck, with that terrible O-line protecting him, that the Jags will win this easily. If we lose however, it will most likely mark the beginning of the end for the Bradley era here in Jacksonville. I'll show Detroit some love by saying that they beat Seattle 31-27 in front of the 12th man, and hand Russell Wilson his 3rd home loss as a Seahawk.

DiamondJag,   I wish I shared your optimism about my favorite team in the upcoming game.  For what it's worth,  I like the Jags chances much better in week # 4 than the Lions chances.  
3-0 last week
6-5 overall

This week I'll say Colts and Falcons
1-2 Last week

4-3 Overall(missed week one)

Im going Falcons to hopefully light up the texans with 5+ TDS Smile

And Jags to get a win in Indy.

Pages: 1 2