Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 4 Injury Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The info put forth in this thread over the next four or five days will have a HUGE impact on whether we can beat the colts or not. 

The Jags are practically devastated by injuries at the moment and they'll need some key players to get healthy quick in order to compete as a team. 

The secondary now features mostly back-ups and third stringers forced to start. That has to change. 

From Oehser tuesday morning:

T
he Jaguars were without cornerback 

Dwayne Gratz 
and safety Jonathan Cyprien entering the (vs.pats) game, then lost strong safety 
Josh Evans ,
 free safety 
Sergio Brown
and cornerback 
Davon House,
 to injuries during the game. The loss of Evans and Brown meant the Jaguars were playing much of Sunday’s game with rookie 
James Sample
 at one safety and cornerback 
Peyton Thompson,
 at the other. Sample missed the first three preseason games with a broken arm and Thompson signed off the practice squad to the active roster a day before the Jaguars’ Week 2 victory over Miami. That’s a lot of inexperience against a future Hall of Fame quarterback, a factor that made it tough to be overly aggressive.

2a. Gratz improving. Speaking of Gratz, the third-year cornerback walked without a boot during the team’s open locker-room period Monday, and said he ran on Monday afternoon. He hopes to work on some level in practice Wednesday.

<i> </i>Oehser also mentioned Marqise Lee's situation.  The newer knee injury seemed to hold up on Sunday, but it was the older Hamstring injury that took him out of the game. 

“I don’t think it’s as bad as the other times, to tell you the truth,” Lee said. “I didn’t pop it. I didn’t pull it. It got sore and a little stiff, so the trainers did what the trainers do. That’s their job.” Lee said he continued to run on the sidelines. “I felt like I could have went in, but in those cases we don’t have that choice,” he said. “In those cases, it’s up the trainers.” Lee said he expects to play Sunday against Indianapolis.

Can we please get Julius back this week?
Quote:Can we please get Julius back this week?

I am not holding my breath.

Saving him for the playoffs.......
Thisx100000000000000000
Julius please be back....
Di Rocco on twitter yesterday said that: 

-Cyprien, Branch and Joeckel should be back into practice from tomorrow

-Evans will be day by day

-Marks will increase his work this week. However Ryan O'HAlloran last week tweeted that according to him Mark's return wasn't imminent and that it would have probably been not before the Bye or London game.

-Julius Thomas tomorrow should still have limited practice. 
Julius Thomas and Marks won't be back this week. If they're limited in practice they aren't playing on Sunday. It's so frustrating that our two best players are out the first four games of the season, and will probably be out till the Texans game. I understand Marks taking that long with an ACL injury, but JT? Hand injury??? Really?????

Just put Marks on IR and be done with it....get him focused on 2016 when he and Fowler will be more than a year removed....

Fowler/Smith/Draft Pick

Marks/Bennett

Miller/Draft Pick

Odrick/Tyson/Jones

nice talent for the next coach......hopefully Urban Meyer
I'm counting on you Julius! We need you!!
Quote:Just put Marks on IR and be done with it....get him focused on 2016 when he and Fowler will be more than a year removed....

Fowler/Smith/Draft Pick

Marks/Bennett

Miller/Draft Pick

Odrick/Tyson/Jones

nice talent for the next coach......hopefully Urban Meyer
This is an awful idea. You don't sit your best defensive player on IR when he could return in a few weeks. Secondly, Urban Meyer?
Quote:Julius please be back....
Julius Thomas won't do much.  Peyton Manning made him look good.
@Chief Keef

there's no point in rushing Marks back. This team is toast. Sit that man out and let him come back in '16. Read between the lines w/r/t comments made about him by Gus - homey isn't really close. Besides, he isn't going to make a difference because this team has a problem at the head coaching position.

Sit him and gear up for next year with a real coach......preferably Pope Urban L. Meyer

Quote:@Chief Keef

there's no point in rushing Marks back. This team is toast. Sit that man out and let him come back in '16. Read between the lines w/r/t comments made about him by Gus - homey isn't really close. Besides, he isn't going to make a difference because this team has a problem at the head coaching position.

Sit him and gear up for next year with a real coach......preferably Pope Urban L. Meyer

The problem with that is you have to play alualu abd he is complete garbage.
Quote:The problem with that is you have to play alualu abd he is complete garbage.

I cant watch Alualu anymore.
Quote:The problem with that is you have to play alualu abd he is complete garbage.

It doesn't make sense because if he is capable of playing, he needs to play.
didn't JT hurt his pinky finger?

.....LIKE 2 FREAKING MONTHS AGO WHAT THE........

Quote:didn't JT hurt his pinky finger?

.....LIKE 2 FREAKING MONTHS AGO WHAT THE........
It hurts man! He needs to ice it more in Bradley's ice cream.
Quote:Julius Thomas and Marks won't be back this week. If they're limited in practice they aren't playing on Sunday. It's so frustrating that our two best players are out the first four games of the season, and will probably be out till the Texans game. I understand Marks taking that long with an ACL injury, but JT? Hand injury??? Really?????

Being limited in practice does not mean he's automatically out. It may mean they're just being careful. I still feel given on-going reports since the incident that JT has a good shot at playing this week. Let's see what Gus has to say tomorrow before jumping to any conclusions on him. It does sound like Marks and Gratz still need at least another week.

It's good to hear that Lee merely missed time as a precaution and should be ready to go against the Colts. It's also good to hear that Cyprien, Evans, Joekel and Branch all at least have a reasonable shot at being able to play. I haven't heard a peep about Linder still ailing after starting and playing all week this past Sunday, so that's great news.

Has there been any word on Sergo Brown and Devon House? I recall hearing that House was also walking in a boot after the game.

I read somewhere that he is expected to play this week, and havent heard anything that stated he wouldnt play.

I guess we'll find out if he has a Full Practice on Thursday ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6