Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Turning Point: Last 2 minutes of 2nd Qtr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was the turning point of the game IMO. I thought we should have been more conservative and just gotten to the half. That last TD of the 1st half was the back breaker in the game and we weren't the same after that. 

Not pretending like we would have won, but that sucked the life out of the team.

Quote:This was the turning point of the game IMO. I thought we should have been more conservative and just gotten to the half. That last TD of the 1st half was the back breaker in the game and we weren't the same after that. 

Not pretending like we would have won, but that sucked the life out of the team.

No, going into the half conservative wouldn't have helped at all. The turning point of the game never happened, the Jaguars were dominated from the beginning.
Quote:This was the turning point of the game IMO. I thought we should have been more conservative and just gotten to the half. That last TD of the 1st half was the back breaker in the game and we weren't the same after that. 

The turning point was when the Jaguars air plane landed.
Quote:No, going into the half conservative wouldn't have helped at all. The turning point of the game never happened, the Jaguars were dominated from the beginning.

Everybody watching knew that if we went 3 and out, or threw a pick, Brady was putting points on the board.

We did, he did.
Quote:The turning point was when the Jaguars air plane landed.
^^^^^ THIS!!!   
The turning point was when Brady's suspension was lifted

Quote:The turning point was when Brady's suspension was lifted

Yep, this exactly. There will be better weeks than this for sure.
I agree, you just had the 2 minutes warning, you still have 3 timeouts, first and 10 and you just don't go out and throw a pick like that. It was game over (not that we played greatly before that, but still we had some decency going on).

It was all bad from there.

Just like with the Panthers, we stopped them, 1st and 10 and pick 6, game over and the team didn't react.

Again, not that we were having the match of our lives before that, but still it wasn't as bed as it got after it.