Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Point differential that you would call a success against the patriots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a realist and see the situation for what it is.

1. The Patriots have a hof QB and a hof coach.

2. The jags are banged up.  The best players on the team are on the bench

3. We are playing the pats in their house who have a very good record

4. This offense has a Dr Jeckle and Hyde routing. Maybe it's the coaching but the offense shuts down in the second half.

Taking this in mind I save within 10 points and I would feel like the team did a good job. 

Interesting question. I think any score that is not a blowout would be relatively successful for what it is. However, only winning is true success.

Anything less than 14 points would be a moral victory.  With all the injuries, I'm thinking 21 points is probably the margin of victory by the Pats.  

It's almost as though we're starting our backups because there are so many injuries.  

The sad part is - doesn't look like we'll get "healthy" until around week 6 or so.  

With all these injuries, if we lose by less than 14, I'll be ok with it. Didn't want to see a blowout at all this season, but this one doesn't match up well for us
I think 10-14 would be respectable. 

Quote:9

Though, I wouldn't use that particular word (success).

A 9 pt or less differential would represent continued progress.
A win
Im fine with a 14 or 10 point loss. I'd rather have a win though. Jags have to win games like this to establish a culture of winning

The point difference doesn't matter, I'll need to see it on the field. If the Jaguars lose 24 - 14 I'd see it as less progress than if they lose 38 - 28. I need to see good play on the field with a lot of aggression. I want to see deep passes down the field on any down and distance, I want to see short passes to outlet receivers when guys aren't open that go for good positive yardage, and I want to see the defense occasionally do something that isn't just tackling someone at the end of another big gain by the patriots.

I think it's hilarious that 'losing by X number of points' is a success.

How in the hell is a loss 'success'?  Maybe the rules have changed from the name I know.

And on a side note, if mvp is a 'realist', I'm freakin' Santa Claus.

I'll be ok with winning by less than 5 points. I am always an optimist But if they lose, I am used to it. So really it doesn't matter by how much as long as I see improvement and hard work on the field.
I think keeping it a competitive game is more important than the final score. If we are within a score going into the 4th quarter I say that's progress.
Quote:I think it's hilarious that 'losing by X number of points' is a success.

How in the hell is a loss 'success'? Maybe the rules have changed from the name I know.

And on a side note, if mvp is a 'realist', I'm freakin' Santa Claus.

It's a perfectly perfect #BecauseJags thread.
If we cover the spread, I'll be content (and a little wealthier).  Still hate to just hope for a close game.  Let's win this thing.

I'd say if we're within a score it's a success because one huge play would make the difference... so 8 points.

7 at the half

14 at ft
It only takes a point to win.  Ninja

[Image: 2015-JOdrick-DownloadableBG.jpg]