Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Laroy reynolds Cut?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is his latest instagram post

https://instagram.com/p/8GeQxCqSqr/?take...titreign52

Not sure what we have planned now,we are already thin at LB as well as him being one our best ST guys/

Kind of surprising, wonder what the deal is?

We were top heavy at LB with 7 on the active roster plus an 8th LB on the practice squad. Last year the Jaguars were hoping he could be their Otto, but now Skuta is really looking great at the position and Armbrister has flat beat out Reynolds for the backup role. Reynolds has since been relegated to 3rd team at both OLB spots
(Lotulelei is the backup at WLB behind Telvin, and LaRoy doesn't play MLB)
, and he may still be struggling coming back from his injury. I've held out hope for LeRoy, but I doubt he'll really be missed.

I wonder who they plan to activate... Blackmon? J/K.

He was suspended previously for 4 games back in 2013 for violating the performance enhancing drug policy.  It's possible that he failed another test and is about to be suspended for a year.  The team didn't waste any time releasing Ace Sanders once they got similar notification for him.

Not a huge shock, but it is surprising.

He was supposed to be our main guy on special teams. I think that injury cost him his job, which is very unfortunate.

Good luck LaRoy.

Always remember him as a hard playing guy. The special teams tackle without his helmet is one of my favorite plays in the past 5 years of this franchise.

Thanks, LaRoy.
Quote:He was suspended previously for 4 games back in 2013 for violating the performance enhancing drug policy. It's possible that he failed another test and is about to be suspended for a year. The team didn't waste any time releasing Ace Sanders once they got similar notification for him.

I forgot about that. Quite possible.
Quote:He was suspended previously for 4 games back in 2013 for violating the performance enhancing drug policy.  It's possible that he failed another test and is about to be suspended for a year.  The team didn't waste any time releasing Ace Sanders once they got similar notification for him.

Could be, but the league is not allowed to inform teams of potential suspensions, etc. It's all in the CBA. So if the team is somehow being pre-emptive, I wonder how they know.

Quote:Could be, but the league is not allowed to inform teams of potential suspensions, etc. It's all in the CBA. So if the team is somehow being pre-emptive, I wonder how they know.

The team was informed of the Sanders situation, and they immediately cut him.  It wouldn't be pre-emptive.  They would already be aware if that's why he was released.
Quote:Could be, but the league is not allowed to inform teams of potential suspensions, etc. It's all in the CBA. So if the team is somehow being pre-emptive, I wonder how they know.

I'm sure the team knows before Adam Schefter
Quote:He was suspended previously for 4 games back in 2013 for violating the performance enhancing drug policy.  It's possible that he failed another test and is about to be suspended for a year.  The team didn't waste any time releasing Ace Sanders once they got similar notification for him.

Could be, but that simple goodbye would be kind of weird to me if it's on the heels of a year long suspension.

Odds are we just wanted someone up from their practice squad and Reynolds got the boot.
Quote:Could be, but that simple goodbye would be kind of weird to me if it's on the heels of a year long suspension.

Odds are we just wanted someone up from their practice squad and Reynolds got the boot.
Well, that's what they did with Ace Sanders, so it may be weird, but it's not unprecedented.
Quote:Could be, but that simple goodbye would be kind of weird to me if it's on the heels of a year long suspension.

Why would a team cut a player a day before a game to bring somebody up from a practice squad?
Quote:Well, that's what they did with Ace Sanders, so it may be weird, but it's not unprecedented.

Oh I agree that the team would cut bait with him if he's going to be suspended. Usually players who are suspended send out apologies to the fans, players, coaches for their transgression. Reynolds just said goodbye, so that's why I'm thinking they just moved on from him.
Quote:Why would a team cut a player a day before a game to bring somebody up from a practice squad?

I think it was on Friday and not Saturday last week, but we released Walters to bring up Peyton Thompson from the practice squad because we needed an additional corner.
Err... I was still counting Jeremiah George as the backup MLB, but he's with the Bucs. There was only 6 LBs, and now 5 with LaRoy gone. Armbrister is backup up at OTTO and MLB.

Quote:Err... I was still counting Jeremiah George as the backup MLB, but he's with the Bucs. There was only 6 LBs, and now 5 with LaRoy gone. Armbrister is backup up at OTTO and MLB.

Maybe Tripp looked good in his limited time on the practice squad?
It was for the video rap he did with Evans, Brown, Smith, and Colvin

/just kidding

//or am i?

Ninja

Quote:The team was informed of the Sanders situation, and they immediately cut him.  It wouldn't be pre-emptive.  They would already be aware if that's why he was released.

I guess the team would be informed as soon as the decision to suspend a player is made. ...it just took longer to be announced by the media. There are, however, strict non-disclosure rules prior to a decision being made. For instance, if a player is added to the program after failing a test, the teams are not informed. They don't get informed until the player fails his second test (or has a second incident) after the decision is made to suspend him for four games.

Quote:It was for the video rap he did with Evans, Brown, Smith, and Colvin

/just kidding

//or am i?

Ninja

I'm thinking LaRoy was the lead rapper on that video.

the part that got him cut was the AR 15 and 38 Special lines
Pages: 1 2