Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scouting write up on Jaguars (from Tedy Bruschi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patr...patriots-d

Solid read. Good insight on the o line. I don't know if I buy it all though.
Enjoyed reading that, he made some solid points.
It's good to see him credit the Jaguars OL as opposed to taking the typical route by saying Sue was being lazy. The fact is, Linder owned Sue all game. In this game we most likely won't have Linder, but Shatley is no slouch from what I keep hearing, and the OL as a unit is doing some nice things. It seemed like Yeldon was having to make most of his yards on his own, but he certainly had some runs up the gut where the OL was moving piles. Bruschi noticed the following...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">In the index I keep, I have the Jaguars as the No. 1 team in the NFL in yards before contact per rush through two games. Meanwhile, the Patriots' defense ranks 28th in yards allowed before contact. So that means runners are getting a clean path through the line of scrimmage against the Patriots, who aren't getting penetration and are allowing an average of 5.7 yards per rush. Whereas with the Jaguars, they're making the holes big enough and winning at the line of scrimmage because their running backs aren't being touched consistently until they get through the hole.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

I hope he's onto something here. Yeldon likes to bounce outside a bit and then blast through even the slightest gaps, however, this game will also feature some running from the Albino Rhino who is sure to take advantage of power inside blocking. If the Jaguars can control the clock in this game, maybe they can stop Brady on Gronk by keeping them on the bench as much as possible.

I think if yeldon can get to the second level on this defense consistently then he will go over 100 yards. The more space he had to dance and shift around in the open field the harder he will be to bring down. I'm excited. My uncle owns him in my ff league and I've tried trading for him and he won't give him up. Lol
Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patr...patriots-d

Solid read. Good insight on the o line. I don't know if I buy it all though.
I can't take anything Bruschi says seriously after he called the franchise a "stain on the NFL" for fielding a bad team in the same year as Bountygate and the NFL trying to cover up concussions.
Did anyone go back and watch the game? I'm specifically curious about who Wiz was holding on his 2 or 3 penalties. At the time in figured it was suh.

Quote: If the Jaguars can control the clock in this game, maybe they can stop Brady on Gronk by keeping them on the bench as much as possible.
I would imagine that that would be the whole offensive strategy for Olson on Sunday. If we can't control TOP, and we can't keep Brady and Gronk on the bench for as much as possible, it's going to be a long day tomorrow for this team.
I really hope our OLine holds tomorrow. Would love to see Yeldon have a great game.

Just run for 375 and we should win.
Tom Brady says he's ready. From his Facebook page:

[Image: 12038145_990165427691274_818995533739068...e=565EAFA3]
Quote:Tom Brady says he's ready. From his Facebook page:

Sssshhhh, no words now.
Quote:Tom Brady says he's ready. From his Facebook page:

Not even Tom Brady and the Patriots can find the Albino Tiger