Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Recent polls show Carson easily the best Repub to beat any Demo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.pollheadlines.com/

We know generally how polls within each party are working out, but look at key polls where they look at republican versus democrat (winner vs democrat candidates in bold)...

In North Carolina poll (taken today 9-25)...

Clinton 47% Trump 40%

Bush 46% Clinton 43%

Carson 52% Clinton 41%

In United States poll (taken yesterday 9-24)...

Bush 44% Clinton 42%

Carson 49% Clinton 42%

Fiorina 44% Clinton 43%

Clinton 45% Trump 43% 

Biden 46% Bush 41%

Carson 45% Biden 45%

Biden 46% Fiorina 43%

Biden 51% Trump 40% 

Carson 49% Sanders 39%

Bush 44% Sanders 44%

Sanders 46% Fiorina 43%

Sanders 47% Trump 42%

Good. Hopefully this continues.
Not too worried about it. The establishment votes are still being divided.
Quote:Not too worried about it. The establishment votes are still being divided.

Worried about what? This is great news.

Can't help but notice that Rubio isn't listed. He's got the feel of a late riser.
Quote:Can't help but notice that Rubio isn't listed. He's got the feel of a late riser.

Yeah, that's been their strategy. Basically don't pull a Scott Walker.
Quote:Can't help but notice that Rubio isn't listed. He's got the feel of a late riser.

I've got my money on Rubio.  Just from judging political horse-flesh.  The guy is a natural politician, and whip smart.  

Not that I'm supporting him; I just think he's the most likely winner.  

And besides, in a lot of polls I've seen, he's by far the winner on the question of "If your guy can't win, who's your second choice?"   And that means as the field narrows, he will pick up support.  

Rubio has been anointed as the establishment guy now.  Nobody else is getting any traction.  The money will start flowing his way soon.  You can tell he's the guy they're betting on based upon the increased media coverage around him and his campaign. Suddenly he's all over the place.  The establishment sees him as the foil for Trump, and he's been tasked with opening fire on the Donald.  

Carson is an interesting guy.  He's a smart man who is not a polished politician speaking in platitudes and hyperbole.  Unlike Trump, he has a more humble and sincere approach.  We will see how that plays out over the long haul.  I tend to think he'll eventually be crushed by the party machinery, or consumed by it and offered a role in a new administration should republicans win. He might even secure enough delegates through the process to warrant a spot on the ticket.  We will see.  

Quote:Rubio has been anointed as the establishment guy now.  Nobody else is getting any traction.  The money will start flowing his way soon.  You can tell he's the guy they're betting on based upon the increased media coverage around him and his campaign. Suddenly he's all over the place.  The establishment sees him as the foil for Trump, and he's been tasked with opening fire on the Donald.  

Carson is an interesting guy.  He's a smart man who is not a polished politician speaking in platitudes and hyperbole.  Unlike Trump, he has a more humble and sincere approach.  We will see how that plays out over the long haul.  I tend to think he'll eventually be crushed by the party machinery, or consumed by it and offered a role in a new administration should republicans win. He might even secure enough delegates through the process to warrant a spot on the ticket.  We will see.  

I really wish the establishment hadn't loaded up Bush's campaign so early. He really has nothing to lose by sticking around and that's just going to end up hurting Rubio. Hopefully he does the honorable thing and calls it off.

Quote:I really wish the establishment hadn't loaded up Bush's campaign so early. He really has nothing to lose by sticking around and that's just going to end up hurting Rubio. Hopefully he does the honorable thing and calls it off.
The money is bailing on Bush.  The establishment has come to the realization that he's going nowhere.  The guy raised $100 million and he's mired in the low single digits.  My guess is he's out after South Carolina. 

Rubio is beating Jeb in Florida in the latest polls, so Bush isn't really hurting him or any other candidate for that matter.  

Quote:The money is bailing on Bush.  The establishment has come to the realization that he's going nowhere.  The guy raised $100 million and he's mired in the low single digits.  My guess is he's out after South Carolina. 

Rubio is beating Jeb in Florida in the latest polls, so Bush isn't really hurting him or any other candidate for that matter.  

The sooner Jeb drops, the sooner Rubio gets the majority of his supporters.
Quote:The sooner Jeb drops, the sooner Rubio gets the majority of his supporters.
You could say that as it pertains to Rubio for a lot of candidates right now.
Quote:You could say that as it pertains to Rubio for a lot of candidates right now.

True. But especially so with the other establishment guy, IMO.
Quote:True. But especially so with the other establishment guy, IMO.
Agreed.
Quote:The sooner Jeb drops, the sooner Rubio gets the majority of his supporters.

The field will trickle down to probably 5 candidates by the time we get beyond the SC primary.  It will shrink considerably between now and Iowa. 
Quote:Rubio has been anointed as the establishment guy now.  Nobody else is getting any traction.  The money will start flowing his way soon.  You can tell he's the guy they're betting on based upon the increased media coverage around him and his campaign. Suddenly he's all over the place.  The establishment sees him as the foil for Trump, and he's been tasked with opening fire on the Donald.  

I like/don't like that Rubio is the establishment candidate at this point.  My fear is that he will fall into the establishment clutches and will lose what I think is his most important belief, that being an optimistic belief in the country going into the future.  He's been the one that has talked optimistically about our future, and I firmly believe that he can lead us there.
Quote:The money is bailing on Bush.  The establishment has come to the realization that he's going nowhere.  The guy raised $100 million and he's mired in the low single digits.  My guess is he's out after South Carolina. 

Even in that Florida poll from Sept 15th, Carson was performing better than Rubio vs Hillary...

Carson 49% Clinton 40%

Trump 48% Clinton 42%

Rubio 48% Clinton 43%

The other candidates were all behind these three. Carson appears to possess a distinct edge when it comes to defeating the democrats, and that edge might be what's needed to win the overall election.

Quote:Even in that Florida poll from Sept 15th, Carson was performing better than Rubio vs Hillary...

Carson 49% Clinton 40%

Trump 48% Clinton 42%

Rubio 48% Clinton 43%

The other candidates were all behind these three. Carson appears to possess a distinct edge when it comes to defeating the democrats, and that edge might be what's needed to win the overall election.

Florida is full of seniors who probably think they're choosing Johnny Carson.

Quote:Even in that Florida poll from Sept 15th, Carson was performing better than Rubio vs Hillary...

Carson 49% Clinton 40%

Trump 48% Clinton 42%

Rubio 48% Clinton 43%

If the Republicans run Ben Carson, we'll be talking about President Sanders in 2017. Mark it now.
Quote:If the Republicans run Ben Carson, we'll be talking about President Sanders in 2017. Mark it now.

They won't, and neither will the Dems run Sanders.

Obama over Kasich.

Pages: 1 2