Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What would a win on Sunday against New England mean to you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

To me, it would show that this team is definitely on the rise, and that we would practically be bound for a playoff spot; beating a team that has arguably been the best team over the last two decades. By beating a team that we've never previously beaten in the regular season, it would show that this team is different from all the other previous Jags teams-in that this is a team that refuses to quit and die- after having been mocked, ridiculed, and dismissed for the last couple of seasons due to the previously horrendous coaching and on the field play. In a way, it would feel like a passing of the torch.

I'm tired of all this pessimistic nonsense throughout this message board, and throughout much of this fanbase right now! we deserve a victory on Sunday against the Patriots! we NEED this victory for the team, and as a fanbase! It's our time to shine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmyoMe4iHM

"Great moments are born, out of great opportunity."

It would mean a wrong pick in my football pool.  That's not really a bad thing though.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. But *if* we can win in New England, I'll feel very good about our chances to win the division.  We're not in a strong division and a win against the Pats would certainly mean we're capable of winning against the clots, tinhorns, and tacks.  With that said, I think it's going to be a little more difficult than that.  Smile

I live in vt, work in nh, A win would give me 2 states worth of bragging rights in the middle of Patriot nation!
A win, unlikely as it is, would rank among the greatest upsets in NFL history. It would create immediate respect throughout the league for the Jags. It would demonstrate to Blake Bortles that he belongs among the top QB's in the league. It would establish the Jags as the team to beat in the AFC South.

It would necessitate a flyover at the stadium in front of 40,000-plus fans at 2:00 a.m.
Super-Bowl bound.

To me, it would mean that Gus is the coach we imagined he could be when hired. And that Blake is the QB we've been searching for.

It would mean we've finally found the end of this long, long tunnel.
I think many times, a QB "arrives" in the NFL as a force to be reckoned with.

If we win, it's probably due to Blake Bortles' excellent game. We finally have "our guy" in bortles if we win.
A win to me would mean we really are the best team in the weak AFC and have improved a lot this season. But one thing people are forgetting is this can be seen even if we lose. How so? By being the NFL's Jacksonville State. Unlikely as it is, if we come close to winning or even lose by single digits, I will think the improvement is real and we are true playoff contenders.

Quote:A win, unlikely as it is, would rank among the greatest upsets in NFL history. It would create immediate respect throughout the league for the Jags. It would demonstrate to Blake Bortles that he belongs among the top QB's in the league. It would establish the Jags as the team to beat in the AFC South.

It would necessitate a flyover at the stadium in front of 40,000-plus fans at 2:00 a.m.
Sorry, but there are no greatest upset victories in week 3.

A win would mean we are better than a lot of people thought and NE isn't going 16-0.
Quote:To me, it would mean that Gus is the coach we imagined he could be when hired. And that Blake is the QB we've been searching for.

It would mean we've finally found the end of this long, long tunnel.

^^^this

...and it would let me serve crow to a whole lot of people on Facebook.

It would mean our Jags are 2 - 1.  Next up...

But yeah I would get an extra day of WOW that was a heck of win factor to my upcoming week.

Quote:Sorry, but there are no greatest upset victories in week 3.

A win would mean we are better than a lot of people thought and NE isn't going 16-0.

Sorry, yes it would be an historic upset. Tell me that Jag fans wouldn't rank it among the team's greatest wins.
It's means it Clots week.

KC blew out the Patriots last year. Did that mean they were the best team in the AFC?

UH,,,,, NO.

The best teams don't always win in the NFL. It happens.

Anyway, the Jags are improved and still improving. It may be a competetive game. A win would be completely fantastic.

side note - the Patriots will probably lose 2-4 games this season somewhere along the way. They'll lose one to a team that nobody would'be believed it could happen.

But, they'll still likely make it to the Superbowl (If Brady stays healthy, of course).
Winning culture. Shock.
It would put the Jaguars on the map.  The key is winning consistently and not just a game here or there.  Personally I think the Patriots are too good but if the Jaguars can keep it competitive thats a step in the right direction.  The season is not won or lost in this one game.  It would mean the team is on the right track but they have to keep it there.

Quote:Sorry, yes it would be an historic upset. Tell me that Jag fans wouldn't rank it among the team's greatest wins.
No it would not IMO.  A significant win yes but you cannot compare it with our first win in 95 or the win against Pittsburgh that same inaugural year.  Morton Anderson's miss to vault this franchise into the playoffs the next year.  The 96 divisional round win in Buffalo to retire Kelly.  The next week to shut up Woody Paige and upset Denver.  62 -7 against Miami in 1999.

Should our home town team win this week, then I believe you would have to point to the win against Miami to be more significant.  That would be the game that showed the young roster that they belonged in the NFL.
It would change my expectation to playoffs and not just a 6 win season
I think it would also show our defense can play with any one. Maybe not week in and week out.

The offense has showed it can put up average or above average performances on less than stellar defenses. They ca keep up with average QBs.
Pages: 1 2