Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LOL, Bold Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was just checking out an article (Bold Predictions) on NFL.com and the Jaguars were mentioned twice.  Which one has the better chance of coming true?

Jaguars will finish within a TD of Patriots

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">This has nothing to do with a lack of motivation from the New England Patriots, but it does have everything to do with aJacksonville Jaguars team that is coming along rather nicely this season. Blake Bortles is making better decisions with the football and Gus Bradley's defense is finally delivering on some of its promise. We're not saying there will be an upset, but we are saying that come Sunday night, we'll all be in agreement that this is not aJaguars team from a year ago. <i>-- Conor Orr</i>

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

Patriots drop 50 points on Jaguars

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">This will be the week we start hearing talk that the Patriots could have a historically great season on offense. And that's because The Hooded One's minions are about to drop a 50-burger on the outclassed Jaguars, who won't be able to get out Foxborough fast enough on Sunday night. The 2007Patriots scored 589 points on the back of historically great seasons from Tom Brady and Randy Moss. Asking this team to scale those heights might be a stretch, but Rob Gronkowski gives Brady another once-in-a-generation playmaker smack in the middle of his prime. Pray for the Jaguars. <i>-- Dan Hanzus</i>

LOL. I would be very surprised if the Patriots score 50

Quote:LOL. I would be very surprised if the Patriots score 50

If they didn't score 50 while trying to pile on Rex Ryan, they won't drop 50 on us. I think the first one is more likely.
If they score 50 on the Jags i will definitely win my fantasy game this week.

I could see the Pats dropping half a hunny on Jacksonville, but the Jags will probably score too.  Not enough to stay within 7 though.

Pats could score 50, especially at home, but I hope they throttle back and avoid tempting fate.

Major topic of discussion in the area is having Brady / Gronk / Edleman hurt late in the 4th while up by 2-3 scores.

I could see the Pats only scoring 14 after Odrick crushes Brady so hard that he [BLEEP] himself early in the first quarter. Of course it will be followed by the obligatory patented Brady pouting face accompanied by a tantrum whilst begging the officials for a roughing call..............................."Ba bab...But,  he can't do that!! I literally [BLEEP] myself ".

Unless the Patriots (currently giving up 6 yards a carry to opposing running backs) are suddenly able to stop the run, I don't see how they get enough possessions to score 50 points.

Quote:I could see the Pats dropping half a hunny on Jacksonville, but the Jags will probably score too.  Not enough to stay within 7 though.

I don't see them putting up fiddy on the Jags unless something drastic happens.
Bold prediction: that article will be wrapping fish tomorrow.
Quote:Bold prediction: that article will be wrapping fish tomorrow.
Why you wanna do the fish that way? That's cold man.
Quote:Why you wanna do the fish that way? That's cold man.

The fish are dead. The Jaguars killed them last week.

Quote:The fish are dead. The Jaguars killed them last week.

Nice.  :thumbsup:
I just want guys to go out and SMACK New England right in the mouth. Someone will need to set the tone with a nice penalizing/terrorizing hit on Gronk, and the same with Edleman.

This would highten our chances of contolling the ball game.
Quote:Unless the Patriots (currently giving up 6 yards a carry to opposing running backs) are suddenly able to stop the run, I don't see how they get enough possessions to score 50 points.

They only need 7 possessions to drop 50.

The pats have a very good running game in the nontraditional sense. They use their backs to catch pseudo run calls with screens, drags, and wheel routes, etc... keeps their defense fresh too.
Marquis Lee has a 100yd. game

Quote:Marquis Lee has a 100yd. game

Nice avi lol
I said in the other thread (that's a rhyme, count it) that I will always bet on the team that is double-digit underdogs in the NFL. Especially 14 point dogs. Idc if it's Jax @ NE, or an injured Chicago team playing in Seattle. I put my money where my mouth is this week, and if I lose and there's a 14 point spread next week, I'll do the same.

Glutton for punishment? Absolutely.
Quote:I said in the other thread (that's a rhyme, count it) that I will always bet on the team that is double-digit underdogs in the NFL. Especially 14 point dogs. Idc if it's Jax @ NE, or an injured Chicago team playing in Seattle. I put my money where my mouth is this week, and if I lose and there's a 14 point spread next week, I'll do the same.

Glutton for punishment? Absolutely.

How does work out for you in the long run? I think you can split this week. In the long run, I'd be concerned for your knee caps.
welp

Pages: 1 2