Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: how about we have marcedes lewis cover gronkowski in the redzone..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
just throwing it out there imagine what gronk would do if he had a 6-6 272 pound guy running at him..

that would be crazy just to witness something like that..

No.

Gronk would smoke Lewis.

Quote:Gronk would smoke Lewis.
lewis and gronk are both 6-6.. gronk is 265 pounds lewis is 272 pounds..

lewis has weight on him.. thing is can he keep up with him.. in the redzone only idk..

its worth a try though..

Its certainly an idea.
That bumbling giraffe would get his lunch eaten. Bad.
Only in the Octagon
The idea has some merit. Afterall, the say receivers who can't catch often become dbs.

Now we know your real name.

Todays Ozone

Patrick from Jacksonville:
What do you think about putting Marcedes Lewis[Image: icon-article-link.gif] on Rob Gronkowski at least in obvious passing situations or maybe on the goal line? I'm thinking Troy Brown with Pats years ago.
John: Lay back, Patrick. Rest. Use a cold cloth if necessary.
Quote: 

Now we know your real name.

Todays Ozone

<div>Patrick from Jacksonville:
What do you think about putting Marcedes Lewis[Image: icon-article-link.gif] on Rob Gronkowski at least in obvious passing situations or maybe on the goal line? I'm thinking Troy Brown with Pats years ago.
John: Lay back, Patrick. Rest. Use a cold cloth if necessary.

</div>
im from bridgeport ny.. its next to oneida lake not ny city..

north east of syracuse ny near great lakes.. theres a lake called oneida lake.. i live near there..

Marcedes has hands like a defender...I could see it

Was this another suggestion by your gram?
Quote:just throwing it out there imagine what gronk would do if he had a 6-6 272 pound guy running at him..

that would be crazy just to witness something like that..

Haha I love it!
No.  That would be ugly.  That's like asking why we don't have TJ Yeldon cover Edelman.  Makes no sense.

I don't get why people keep suggesting putting offensive players on defense.

I promise you that you didn't just stumble upon the solution to the problem of covering Gronkowski. Professional coaches have been trying to figure that out for a few years now.

Im pretty sure this was what Blake was talking about with the whole " kindergarten " comment.
It doesn't work like that. You can't just throw a player in a professional game - played by professional players and say " Hey, you're tall! Go out there and cover Gronk! "

I'd rather go with a 3 safety formation with any combination of Brown, Sample, and Cyprien doubling him. Much better option than trying to cover him with a guy who has a hard time running forward much less backward.
So help me Lord...If I see Marcedes Lewis come on to the field with the defense for any reason, especially to cover Gronk, I'm going to come unglued.
Marcedes can barely do his job on offense. Let him do one job
Gronk would make Marcedes look like a giraffe on roller skates
Pages: 1 2 3 4