Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rich Lowry "Carly cut his balls off with the precision of a surgeon." - Hypocrisy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/...elly-file/

Talking head Rich Lowry went on Megan Kelly's show the other night and said the following:

"Look Trump attacks everyone but she’s become a much bigger target. And I think part of what’s going on here is that last debate. Let’s be honest, Carly cut his balls off with the precision of a surgeon."

Now, personally I don't care what anyone says about anyone. They can call anyone any name in the book and I would be relatively un-phased. However, isn't there a certain hypocrisy about Rich saying this and the lack of outrage from anti-sexists over making this joke? The guy makes a joke on male castration, and the only thing the host, a well-known anti-sexist, does is laugh about it. Now imagine you have an individual, male or female, making a joke about cutting the ovaries out of a women. Can you imagine the outrage, no matter what the context?

I understand he was trying to say Trump was emasculated (which he wasn't), but this kind of stuff, in my opinion, totally discredits the fight against sexism. You can't fight for one side and not fight for the other and call yourself an equal opportunist.

Now Donald knows how Hewlett Packard employees and shareholders feel.

Welp... Donald can't retaliate, even with the precision of a surgeon.
Since when have republicans actually cared about fair?

I believe, in this context, cutting a woman's ovaries out would make her more masculine, and thus more palatable to Republican voters, who prefer their leaders be manly.

JW tries hard in his quest to get the oppressive thumb off the white man, but this one is a stretch.

Hold on could you show a picture of oppressive thumbs, so I can check mine for irregularities :teehee:.

Quote:Hold on could you show a picture of oppressive thumbs, so I can check mine for irregularities :teehee:.

Check your thumb privilege.
Only one is currently pointing at me. So Im not a complete jerk?

Quote:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/...elly-file/

Talking head Rich Lowry went on Megan Kelly's show the other night and said the following:

"Look Trump attacks everyone but she’s become a much bigger target. And I think part of what’s going on here is that last debate. Let’s be honest, Carly cut his balls off with the precision of a surgeon."

Now, personally I don't care what anyone says about anyone. They can call anyone any name in the book and I would be relatively un-phased. However, isn't there a certain hypocrisy about Rich saying this and the lack of outrage from anti-sexists over making this joke? The guy makes a joke on male castration, and the only thing the host, a well-known anti-sexist, does is laugh about it. Now imagine you have an individual, male or female, making a joke about cutting the ovaries out of a women. Can you imagine the outrage, no matter what the context?

I understand he was trying to say Trump was emasculated (which he wasn't), but this kind of stuff, in my opinion, totally discredits the fight against sexism. You can't fight for one side and not fight for the other and call yourself an equal opportunist.

First of all, I think that a professional journalist should know better than to use that kind of language on a national broadcast.  I think that he could have used a better analogy.

Second, he is pretty much right.  Carly Fiorina destroyed Trump during the debate, and it shows at the moment.

As far as the "lack of outrage", you really should see your doctor about a possible testosterone deficiency.
Quote:As far as the "lack of outrage", you really should see your doctor about a possible testosterone deficiency.

I see you didn't actually read what I posted and rather chose to attack me. Common tactic for the simple of mind.
Quote:Check your thumb privilege.

TRIGGERED!!!!
Quote:TRIGGERED!!!!

[Image: G3f3opQ.gif]
Quote:[Image: G3f3opQ.gif]
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how memes have improved conversation on the internet?
[Image: b0106.jpg?w=470&h=264]

Quote:Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how memes have improved conversation on the internet?

Certainly made it much simpler to get points across.
Quote:I believe, in this context, cutting a woman's ovaries out would make her more masculine, and thus more palatable to Republican voters, who prefer their leaders be manly.

JW tries hard in his quest to get the oppressive thumb off the white man, but this one is a stretch.

I personally found the remark clever.

But I think I see JW's point. If Trump had won the debate and Lowery had said "Trump cut her ovaries out with the precision of a surgeon" then the outrage pundits would be in high dudgeon over the statement.