Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rob Gronkowski...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

How do you hope to stop this beast?

Horse tranquilizers.

Diarrhea.

Quote:How do you hope to stop this beast?

I was talking about this just today with some friends. What I would do is have the SS tag him on every play and follow him to wherever he goes in the formation; if he lines up tight to the Line, go head up on him. If he lines up split out, give him a cushion.

Then, tell the LBs and the rest of the Secondary to find the SS so that each player is aware of where Gronkowski is. Have the LBs play underneath him to make Brady throw over the top of a taller target and have the DBs play over the top in order to come downhill on passes.

In other words, don't let Gronkowski beat you. Let Edelman do it, let Brady do it, heck, let the RB du jour do it, but don't let Gronkowski get loose and run free in the backfield.
Silver bullet... Wooden steak through the heart... Get Frodo to throw him into Mount Doom...
Now Odell Beckham Jr is not on the level as Gronk, but I'd do something similar that was done to OBJ in the third preseason game: If you catch a ball, you will be hit, and you will be hit hard.

Turn pain into a Pavlovian Response to catching balls against us.
Sacrifice a Colts fan
Telvin Smith Smile

GO JAGS!

Blood sacrifice

I would specifically game plan him holes in the coverage.  Ambush holes let him catch a pass for a 15 yards to a spot and have both safeties come in and blow him up for a big hit, do that a couple times in the first half then tight coverage after he's hopefully hurting.

[Image: sweep-the-leg-large.jpg]

Can't stop him but no clean releases!
Put Telvin Smith on him and spy a safety most of the time.

He's still going to dominate.

If we "stop" Gronkowski, that means we put a hell of lot of resources on him. In which case, there will be a sever lack of resources somewhere else, and Brady is gonna pick us apart just like he did in the playoffs, going like 26/28 again.

Bring in Parnell as a LB and have him lay him out at the LOS every play
Quote:Now Odell Beckham Jr is not on the level as Gronk, but I'd do something similar that was done to OBJ in the third preseason game: If you catch a ball, you will be hit, and you will be hit hard.

Turn pain into a Pavlovian Response to catching balls against us.
Gronk hits back and bowls over people, Beckham is a gifted WR but he isnt dishing out hits like Gronk, few people are.
Quote:Bring in Parnell as a LBS and have him lay him out at the LOS every play
Is Parnell that big, and what happens if he misses the chip block off the line?
You put Alualu on him.  He is this years do everything magic man!

Quote:Is Parnell that big, and what happens if he misses the chip block off the line?

He's a massive human. And he doesn't miss lol
I don't think we can. Pressure Brady so he makes bad choices. How to do that without single coverage on gronk? How to double gronk and let Brady pick apart the coverage all day?

I don't know how to do that and in fact very few in the world would have a plan and can execute it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4