Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3-2 after Tampa?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What are the odds we become 3-2 after Tampa?

Indy looking a little down and then Tampa is certainly beatable. The Miami game was huge and hopefully can give us a boost. Do you, realistically, think we can be 3-2 after week 5?
Quote:What are the odds we become 3-2 after Tampa?

Indy looking a little down and then Tampa is certainly beatable. The Miami game was huge and hopefully can give us a boost. Do you, realistically, think we can be 3-2 after week 5?

I think that it can be done, but things are going to have to break right for the team. Playing three consecutive games on the road is a tough task for any team though.
Not impossible but very unlikely. Don't expect the colts' struggles to continue.

Gotta get a lot of players back healthy. It's possible, but can we win on the road? That's the big question to me. I think we can beat Indy... finally... after 3 years, I'm a little more confident.
Quote:Not impossible but very unlikely. Don't expect the colts' struggles to continue.
While I agree that it's very unlikely, I'm not sure the colts are going to turn things around very quickly based on how it's coming apart right now.
Although we are currently middle of the pack in sacks, my gut tells me in order for us to be 3-2 after Tampa, we will somehow have to generate more pressure on the QB.

I think that is more viable a proposition against the Colts than the Patriots for a couple of reasons.

First, I think the Patriots clearly have the better offensive line between them and Indy.  Even Pagano is grumbling about the bad state of the Colts' OL.  last year, we managed to get a lot of early pressure against the Colts.  We just couldn't do anything offensively last year.  If we can duplicate what we did in Indy last year defensively, but get some offense going, we can beat them.

Secondly, Brady gets rid of the ball more quickly than Luck, who is more apt to rely on his athleticism than Brady.

I think if we can pressure Luck and avoid turnovers, we can beat Indy.

Indy has faced two really tough defenses on its losses please dont get ur hopes up
Quote:While I agree that it's very unlikely, I'm not sure the colts are going to turn things around very quickly based on how it's coming apart right now.

I hope this turns out to be true. We'll see soon enough though. The colts have 3 straight AFCS games coming up before their big game with the Pats. Hopefully all 3 division opponents don't basically roll over and give the Colts their confidence back.
Colts are not that good. If we neutralize Luck we can easily when against them. They have no other playmakers
I am sure Colts and Bucs fans have the game against circled as a likely win

Sure.

If this team plays to its full potential I could see 4-3 at the bye.

Losses to the Pats and Bills.

This schedule doesn't look as tough as it used to.

Not because our team looks so much better but just because we can see every other teams issues.

We were all chalking up the clots as 0-2, 1-1 at best.

probably splitting with the tinhorns and/or tacks.

What if we split all 3 series. (or sweep the tinhorns/tacks)

The Raiders beat the Ravens, why not us.

The Saints don't look so hot right now, and while they might have their ship righted by the end of the sched.... we could be just as improved as well.

I'm not getting my hopes up... but I said before the preseason started 8 wins was not too much for this fanbase to EXPECT from our year 3 rebuild team.

7 more to go...

3 afcs (maybe more)

ravens

tampa

chargers

saints

?

iblieve 3-2 is a very real possibility and not that hard to get there either

Realistically we could be 4-1!!

But i'm going to guess 2-3 after week 5.
Quote:I hope this turns out to be true. We'll see soon enough though. The colts have 3 straight AFCS games coming up before their big game with the Pats. Hopefully all 3 division opponents don't basically roll over and give the Colts their confidence back.
If that winds up being a confidence builder for them, they're going to get a kick in the teeth very quickly after that stretch.  Hopefully the South teams don't roll over because there's definitely blood in the water.  The thing is, the tacks and tinhorns are not what they thought they'd be so far this year as well, so it may be on the Jags to send a message.
2-3 is my bet. I don't think we beat the Colts for some reason. They will be back. Close game, though.

Definitely see us beating the Bucs with Marks and Thomas back.
I think it could happen but the Jaguars would have to put together several good games in a row, which they haven't done lately.  I would be shocked if they beat the Pats but the Colts and Tampa are winnable games.

3-2? This is assuming we lose to someone. I want 4-1 baby! In all reality I think its very likely we are 3-2 and 1st place in the AFC South. I think the Colts aren't that good, but not nearly as bad as they seem, this division is wide open this year. 

If we beat the Colts somehow, we can start talking about playoffs. Our division is weak and at 3-2 that means the Colts could be 0-4 or 1-3 if they beat the Titans this week. We have a schedule that won't be so harsh after the Patriots and Colts games. 

Just blitz Luck on every play and Sergio will have like 10 picks by the 3rd quarter.

I love the idea of blitzing but we need better defensive backs because when we blitz it's not as effective the Jets blitzing, they always have 1 or more player get to the QB forcing a sack or a bad throw. When we blitz the QB finds someone open. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5