Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bill Bellichick Has Been Scouting The Jaguars Since The Offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patr...iots_scout

Here's some positive comments from Josh McDaniels about our defense: http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/09/22...ous-effort

How ready are the Jaguars?

I remember Gus's presser saying he hasn't even watched their tape yet.. One of these guys are full of it and I am guessing its BB, I mean there is SOME info you can garner from past seasons and the preseason but until you have game tape of 2015 its kind of what you have to rely on. I really don't know but it would not surprise me a successful team has been planning for opponents since the off-season and a poor/average team is waiting until the week of to plan for the best team in the league. I prefer to not think in that light of my Jags though. I think its just BB talking up the Jags.. 

I know a lot of people hold on to various controversies more forcefully than I do, but in my opinion Bill Belichick is the greatest coach to ever be associated with this league.  Not only does he have perhaps the greatest passion for the game out of any coach out there, but he is always evaluating and analyzing and never lets his guard down. It's phenomenal.  His flippant attitude towards the circus that surrounds most of the NFL (especially in the media and sponsorship deals) these days is just the icing on the cake.  I love the Jaguars and everything about our team, but when there are no Jaguar stakes on the line I love to see the Patriots do well because it's phenomenal to watch the master at work.

Edit: Besides, think about how many times the patriots have embarrassed the clots after they stole the division from us. That alone is worth something.  I try to forget the times we've had to face the Patriots in the playoffs ourselves, though...

Here's Matt Patricia talking about our offense: http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/09/22...ve-offense

The Patriots are a very professional organization- and there's no doubt that they are taking the Jags seriously.

Quote:I remember Gus's presser saying he hasn't even watched their tape yet.. One of these guys are full of it and I am guessing its BB, I mean there is SOME info you can garner from past seasons and the preseason but until you have game tape of 2015 its kind of what you have to rely on. I really don't know but it would not surprise me a successful team has been planning for opponents since the off-season and a poor/average team is waiting until the week of to plan for the best team in the league. I prefer to not think in that light of my Jags though. I think its just BB talking up the Jags..

Been following the Pats since before Belichick's tenure as coach. Ever since he has arrived he has stressed preparation and the fact that games are won before they are played. Obviously, you still have to go out and execute and not make costly errors, but the preparation (watching film, game planning, practicing) is what ultimately puts you in a position to win. So given that we haven't played you guys in a while, I definitely believe him when he says he has watched film over the offseason. He does this with a lot of opponents that he's unfamiliar with.

There are things you can use and thing that are different from last year. But it helps to get a head start.
Bill Belichick vs Gus Bradley is just not a good match up for Jacksonville.

Unfortunately, neither is Bill Belichick vs Blake Bortles.

You just aren't going to find many good match ups for the Jaguars in this upcoming game.

Quote:Been following the Pats since before Belichick's tenure as coach. Ever since he has arrived he has stressed preparation and the fact that games are won before they are played. Obviously, you still have to go out and execute and not make costly errors, but the preparation (watching film, game planning, practicing) is what ultimately puts you in a position to win. So given that we haven't played you guys in a while, I definitely believe him when he says he has watched film over the offseason. He does this with a lot of opponents that he's unfamiliar with.

There are things you can use and thing that are different from last year. But it helps to get a head start.

It helps even more to have a great QB on your team, especially one who has won several Super Bowls
Quote:Been following the Pats since before Belichick's tenure as coach. Ever since he has arrived he has stressed preparation and the fact that games are won before they are played. Obviously, you still have to go out and execute and not make costly errors, but the preparation (watching film, game planning, practicing) is what ultimately puts you in a position to win. So given that we haven't played you guys in a while, I definitely believe him when he says he has watched film over the offseason. He does this with a lot of opponents that he's unfamiliar with.

Agreed for the most part. I wouldn't be shocked if that is in fact true, but I know a lot of coach speak goes through the media and it seems that would be the case. The Patriots are however one of the best ran franchises in the last 2 or so decades, so I could understand that. It is slightly alarming in such a copy cat, highly competitive league that more do not model themselves on these methods of preparation though. 
we remember 07 few to many drops to keep up in the divisional round game. but it was our last good season

Quote:Here's Matt Patricia talking about our offense: http://www.patriots.com/audio/2015/09/22...ve-offense

The Patriots are a very professional organization- and there's no doubt that they are taking the Jags seriously.
It reminds me of how the Denver Broncos and even Peyton Manning said nice words before they played the Jaguars.

Typical... meanwhile in reality they are like lets watch last weeks game to get an idea on the Jags...

Quote:It reminds me of how the Denver Broncos and even Peyton Manning said nice words before they played the Jaguars.

Typical... meanwhile in reality they are like lets watch last weeks game to get an idea on the Jags...
That was actually a surprisingly competitive game.
Quote:I remember Gus's presser saying he hasn't even watched their tape yet.. One of these guys are full of it and I am guessing its BB, I mean there is SOME info you can garner from past seasons and the preseason but until you have game tape of 2015 its kind of what you have to rely on. I really don't know but it would not surprise me a successful team has been planning for opponents since the off-season and a poor/average team is waiting until the week of to plan for the best team in the league. I prefer to not think in that light of my Jags though. I think its just BB talking up the Jags..

I'm sure Gus has seen plenty of film since his presser.

Successful teams aren't focusing on other teams during the off season, they are focusing on getting themselves better.
Translation: Patriots have been filming Jaguars practices since the offseason.
I'm not calling that a compliment as an NFL team. "They give a lot of effort" is something you say to kids after they lose a game.

Quote:It helps even more to have a great QB on your team, especially one who has won several Super Bowls

Exactly.  Belichick's a great coach, hall of famer, but let's not forget his record was 51-65 before Brady.  It takes a great QB to be successful for a long time in this league.
People forget that he was mentored by Bill Parcells, and is really a Defensive minded coach.  Defense wins games, Offense sells tickets.

------------------

From wiki

Belichick began his coaching career in 1975; by 1985 he was the DC for NY Giants under head coach Bill Parcells. Parcells and Belichick won two SuperBowls together ( XXI & XXV)  before Belichick left to become the head coach in Cleveland in 1991. He remained in Cleveland for five seasons and was fired following the team's 1995 season. Belichick then rejoined Parcells, first in New England and later with the NY Jets.

After being named head coach of the Jets in early 2000, he resigned after only one day on the job to accept the head coaching job for the New England Patriots. Since then, Belichick has coached the Patriots to six Super Bowl appearances

-------------------------------

When he says he was scouting the Jaguars (his father was a scout and its how he started his career in coaching), he probably means mainly in figuring out how their teams Offense works and how to stop it.

I read one article on the team's website. The Patriots seem to think Blake Bortles already is a very good quarterback despite being an interception machine last year. How much as Bortles improved this year? If you ask Belichick, a lot better.

Bill Belichick is like Robert E. Lee in that he is always one step ahead of his opponent, as if he can read his opponent's mind.  He knows what your game plan is going to be, he knows what adjustments you will make at the half, and he prepares his adjustments to counter your adjustments. 

I remember one time we were playing them and (I think it was Garrard) threw a pass to a receiver who appeared to be open, but the CB, who had his back turned when Garrard threw the pass, circled back and made the INT.   Afterwards it turned out that defensive play was the result of scouting and was pre-planned.   They had baited us into that INT, and you could see it clearly from the replay.   The DB had his back turned, came off his man, and came back for the interception. 

You cannot out-finesse Belichick.   You cannot pencil-whip him. 

Now, add in the fact that they have better personnel than we have, and frankly I don't have a lot of hope for this game. 

This was a really good article and a big difference between pats and most teams in the league.  http://www.boston.com/sports/football/pa...story.html.
Quote:Bill Belichick is like Robert E. Lee in that he is always one step ahead of his opponent, as if he can read his opponent's mind.  He knows what your game plan is going to be, he knows what adjustments you will make at the half, and he prepares his adjustments to counter your adjustments. 

I remember one time we were playing them and (I think it was Garrard) threw a pass to a receiver who appeared to be open, but the CB, who had his back turned when Garrard threw the pass, circled back and made the INT.   Afterwards it turned out that defensive play was the result of scouting and was pre-planned.   They had baited us into that INT, and you could see it clearly from the replay.   The DB had his back turned, came off his man, and came back for the interception. 

You cannot out-finesse Belichick.   You cannot pencil-whip him. 

Now, add in the fact that they have better personnel than we have, and frankly I don't have a lot of hope for this game. 

We aren't supposed to win.  But, as I said before, the way you beat better players it to play better as a team.  We really will need everyone to step up and play cohesively.

Offensively, we should be able to move the ball.  We are going to need some turnovers on defense.  Tyrod Taylor almost beat the pats after throwing 3 interceptions.  And that is after giving up 40 points.  Their D can be had.  We will have to protect the football though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4