Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Jacksonville @ New England
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Opening lines this week are pretty much New England at -14, and the over/under is at 47.5.

What this means is that a bet placed for New England means that you are betting that they win by more than 14 points.

A bet placed on the Jaguars means that you are betting that they either win, or lose by less than 14 points.

Over/under is the total points scored in the game by both teams.

As of right now I would bet on the Jaguars to cover the spread and would bet on the over.

NE Def isn't that good. Their offense is tho. So we should get a couple TDs, maybe 3. NE on the other had will light up our D for at least 30, so I would think something like 35-20 for the final. NE covers the spread and it goes over.

Quote:NE Def isn't that good. Their offense is tho. So we should get a couple TDs, maybe 3. NE on the other had will light up our D for at least 30, so I would think something like 35-20 for the final. NE covers the spread and it goes over.

I don't know at this point.  Your scenario is pretty close to what I predict so far, but I think that the Jaguars can cover the spread.
Plant Brady 4 times and the Jags will win.

Hard to do, though.

As for the Pats' D, though Brady had a great game, it was competitive for 4 quarters and the Pats were +4 on turnovers.  It's gonna be a hard game, but it's not impossible to beat them.

14.5 at 5dimes for all you degenerates out there
I certainly am not expecting the Jags to cover the spread, but it would be nice if they did.

I took the jags win or cover / over

I could see a shootout with last possession winning

myer time (again)

The jaguars to win is +750 which is really high for an NFL game. (100$ bet pays 750$)
Jaguars cover spread... points go over.

I'll say...

Jaguars 20

Patriots 31

The over seems like a pretty good bet in my opinion. New England is going to get their points regardless and I don't see us being held to a real low point total. Their D isn't that good and there is a potential for some significant garbage time points if we don't keep pace with their offense early.

I'll never not pick an NFL team to cover a 14 point spread in the NFL. Even this game. That's just too much.

I'll predict the over, although there's certainly a few different ways the under could come in for this game.
Of course homer polls always favor Jaguars because we are all drunk on Koolaid.

I voted the same as Jags02 for the Jaguars because I'm at the Teal-Koolaid punch bowl wishing dreams can come true... hopefully we all dont wake up hungover looking at the score board going what happened!

Quote:Of course homer polls always favor Jaguars because we are all drunk on Koolaid.

I voted the same as Jags02 for the Jaguars because I'm at the Teal-Koolaid punch bowl wishing dreams can come true... hopefully we all dont wake up hungover looking at the score board going what happened!

Miracles happen.  They are just rare...  But they happen.

Who knows, maybe, just Maybe Bradley has a good understanding of how to stop Brady and the pat's offense.  Again, Miracles... 
Quote:The jaguars to win is +750 which is really high for an NFL game. (100$ bet pays 750$)

a 75 to 1 shot?  I guess that's not so bad...  LOL

I was thinking more like lightning strike odds...  But 75 to 1 is also pretty tough to over come...
Quote:a 75 to 1 shot? I guess that's not so bad... LOL

I was thinking more like lightning strike odds... But 75 to 1 is also pretty tough to over come...

I believe that's 7.5 to 1 isn't it? 75 to one would be $7500, I think.
Quote:I believe that's 7.5 to 1 isn't it? 75 to one would be $7500, I think.

Yes it's 7.5 to 1
Quote:a 75 to 1 shot?  I guess that's not so bad...  LOL

I was thinking more like lightning strike odds...  But 75 to 1 is also pretty tough to over come...

Math isn't The_Anchorman's strong point... oh wait.   :unsure:

Quote:Jaguars cover spread... points go over.

I'll say...

Jaguars 20

Patriots 31

That's pretty much what I am thinking at this point.
Buffalo lost by 8 points (40-32)

5 Buffalo turnovers

Taylor threw 3 interceptions, but was 23/30 with 3 TD’s.  They also had 2 rushing TD’s to go along with 2 fumbles. They missed an extra point kick and 2 tries at 2 points

The Bills killed themselves and still were within 8

Buffalo Defense is ranked 28.  New England 29th

I'm not saying the Jaguars are the Bills offensively or defensively, I'm just saying…..

23-20 Pats...but we have a chance

Quote:Buffalo lost by 8 points (40-32)

5 Buffalo turnovers

Taylor threw 3 interceptions, but was 23/30 with 3 TD’s.  They also had 2 rushing TD’s to go along with 2 fumbles. They missed an extra point kick and 2 tries at 2 points

The Bills killed themselves and still were within 8

Buffalo Defense is ranked 28.  New England 29th

I'm not saying the Jaguars are the Bills offensively or defensively, I'm just saying…..

23-20 Pats...but we have a chance

So what you are saying is that the Jaguars cover the spread and go with the under.
The Bills have a strong defense and still gave up 40 points to the Pats in Buffalo. 
The Bills scored 32 and I think the Jags have a better offense. I think the OVER is a safe bet, barring a downpour.

As far as the spread, I think the Jags will have a hard time keeping this game close. NE 49, Jags 27.

Pages: 1 2