Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If the season were to end today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...Jags would be going to the playoffs.

When was the last time we could say that?
:woot:  It's week 2, calm down, hopefully we can the same thing at week 6!

Oh, I know it's a meaningless thing at this point. But serious question; when was the last time we could say that even at the beginning of the season?
Quote:Oh, I know it's a meaningless thing at this point. But serious question; when was the last time we could say that even at the beginning of the season?
Two weeks ago. The Jags were tied for first in the NFL.
Quote:Two weeks ago. The Jags were tied for first in the NFL.
huehuehuehuehuehue
Quote:Two weeks ago. The Jags were tied for first in the NFL.
Which means they weren't playoff bound - would all be dependent on a giant series of coin tosses.

When was the last time they actually *would* make the playoffs after a week's games? First thought was week 1 of 2011, but the Texans held the tiebreaker over us and we'd have missed out on the wildcard spot on net points.
On a side note Counter-Strike is a very old game, but still fun.

I think they had said this was the first Jaguar win in the month of September in over ten straight games!

:woot:

Finally, things might be starting to change for the Jaguars!

Quote:On a side note Counter-Strike is a very old game, but still fun.

I think they had said this was the first Jaguar win in the month of September in over ten straight games!

:woot:

Finally, things might be starting to change for the Jaguars!
CS:GO owned my life for a while there. It's addictive...right up until you get a VAC ban. Fortunately, I wasn't on my account when I decided to play around with some, uh, "custom add-ons".

The Patriots game will be a barometer for the Jags. If we're competitive to the end, I'll be very happy with the team's progress. If we win, I might die of a heart attack. If we get blown out, it'll probably be time for some soul-searching along the left side of the offensive line.
I got addicted to a really lame game on Steam called Team Fortress 2, to the point where I was actually spending up to a hundred dollars on dumb hats!   It wasn't my best judgement in gaming, but at the time it was fun.

I know people that paid to be on Counter-Strike servers as Admins, for the simple benefit of kicking people off of the game.

I agree about the Patriots game as a good check of the Jaguars passing attack.  The Patriots Defensive Backs aren't that great, and if the Bills young QB can put up points so should Bortles.

I am a bit worried about their pass rush but it too will be a good test of the Jaguars Oline.

The Patriots Offense on the other hand will probably destroy the Jaguars Defense which is much stronger against the Run than the pass, and Brady has thrown over 750 yards & 7 TDs against better Defenses.
Quote:Which means they weren't playoff bound - would all be dependent on a giant series of coin tosses.

When was the last time they actually *would* make the playoffs after a week's games? First thought was week 1 of 2011, but the Texans held the tiebreaker over us and we'd have missed out on the wildcard spot on net points.
All these whinny babies and debbie downers on they board. We have a September win. This team had got to a point of not winning their first game until the end of October. 
Quote:CS:GO owned my life for a while there. It's addictive...right up until you get a VAC ban. Fortunately, I wasn't on my account when I decided to play around with some, uh, "custom add-ons".

The Patriots game will be a barometer for the Jags. If we're competitive to the end, I'll be very happy with the team's progress. If we win, I might die of a heart attack. If we get blown out, it'll probably be time for some soul-searching along the left side of the offensive line.

CHEATER!
PLAYOFFS!........PLAYOFFS!..........What are you talking about?.........PLAYOFFS!!!!
LOL You didn't finish the sentence in your title!

If the season were to end today... we wouldn't have to play the Patriots Smile
2007?

Quote:2007?

That's not a year I remember too well...
Quote:That's not a year I remember too well...
haha...

I remember it all too well, the glory years of the Jags.

It seemed like destiny... to roll into town hot on the heels of beating the Steelers for the 2nd time in Pitt that year....

only to be beaten by the then undefeated Pats.

And never to sniff the post season since.
Quote:haha...

I remember it all too well, the glory years of the Jags.

It seemed like destiny... to roll into town hot on the heels of beating the Steelers for the 2nd time in Pitt that year....

only to be beaten by the then undefeated Pats.

And never to sniff the post season since.

Yeah, as a Patriots fan, I never once even mentioned the XX-X record of that year, because the only game that counted, we didn't get the win. It's hard when you have a stat like that, but can't pull it out of your pocket ever because of the next response, "yeah, well you didn't...."

Doing what they did in the 2007 regular season is sooo hard. So many things have to happen, and it's not all about talent. It's luck and much more. But in looking at this Patriots schedule in 2015, outside of maybe 3 games, if they ever got to week 8 without a loss, and the defense is shored up by then, things could get interesting again. But it's such a distraction that I'd rather lose a game, then get fired up again and run the table.
Quote:Yeah, as a Patriots fan, I never once even mentioned the XX-X record of that year, because the only game that counted, we didn't get the win. It's hard when you have a stat like that, but can't pull it out of your pocket ever because of the next response, "yeah, well you didn't...."

Doing what they did in the 2007 regular season is sooo hard. So many things have to happen, and it's not all about talent. It's luck and much more. But in looking at this Patriots schedule in 2015, outside of maybe 3 games, if they ever got to week 8 without a loss, and the defense is shored up by then, things could get interesting again. But it's such a distraction that I'd rather lose a game, then get fired up again and run the table.
Well... you guys coulda lost that divisional round game....

that woulda been cool.
Quote:Well... you guys coulda lost that divisional round game....

that woulda been cool.

That Northcutt drop still gives me nightmares...
End season!  END!

Pages: 1 2