Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson offensive pass interference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That offensive pass interference call was one of the post I've seen in any game these first two weeks. Could anybody get a clip or gif of that?

No .gif here but it did look like a very questionable call.  It looked like the defender was surprised by ARob's sudden change of direction back toward the ball and lost his balance and fell.  ARob pushed the guy's hand/arm away which is what the ref saw and called.  That being said, the angle they showed on the jumbotron at the stadium was not great so I'm not sure how much of the contact affected the defender.  It didn't appear from what I saw that ARob made the defender slip with the contact though.

Quote:No .gif here but it did look like a very questionable call.  It looked like the defender was surprised by ARob's sudden change of direction back toward the ball and lost his balance and fell.  ARob pushed the guy's hand/arm away which is what the ref saw and called.  That being said, the angle they showed on the jumbotron at the stadium was not great so I'm not sure how much of the contact affected the defender.  It didn't appear from what I saw that ARob made the defender slip with the contact though.

I watched it on TV and not in person. The replay they showed on TV showed that the DB clearly slipped and fell on his own. The ref saw a DB fall to the ground and assumed it had to be a push off so he threw a flag.
Refs give us no respect. It's amazing how the calls tend to go your way when you're a respected team.

Definitely a bad call. Ref probably couldn't tell when it happened but the db fell completely on his own. A rob broke his ankles.
Actually, any clip provided from the game film by a fan would have to be removed as a rules violation. We only allow clips from nfl.com or nfl.com related sites such as their Youtube channel or jaguars.com.

Quote:I watched it on TV and not in person. The replay they showed on TV showed that the DB clearly slipped and fell on his own. The ref saw a DB fall to the ground and assumed it had to be a push off so he threw a flag.

This is what I saw too. Grimes just totally slipped, and the ref thought ARob must have pushed off.

This was a bad call, but the Dolphins got nailed with more bad calls then did we on Sunday.

Quote:This was a bad call, but the Dolphins got nailed with more bad calls then did we on Sunday.
There were quite a few bad calls to go around...

glad we ended up winning that battle...
Quote:Actually, any clip provided from the game film by a fan would have to be removed as a rules violation. We only allow clips from nfl.com or nfl.com related sites such as their Youtube channel or jaguars.com.
That's a really weird rule to have.
Quote:This is what I saw too. Grimes just totally slipped, and the ref thought ARob must have pushed off.

The angle they showed was awful, but it didn't even look like ARob touched him. It's terrible that those types of flags are not reviewable.
Quote:That's a really weird rule to have.

Those other clips are illegal video recordings.
Quote:Those other clips are illegal video recordings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

The real answer is because the NFL doesn't want you to do that, and because what the NFL says, goes - especially on a team website, but in general elsewhere, as legal or not they have more lawyers than you.
Quote:Actually, any clip provided from the game film by a fan would have to be removed as a rules violation. We only allow clips from nfl.com or nfl.com related sites such as their Youtube channel or jaguars.com.

Thanks dad.
Quote:I watched it on TV and not in person. The replay they showed on TV showed that the DB clearly slipped and fell on his own. The ref saw a DB fall to the ground and assumed it had to be a push off so he threw a flag.
in fairness to the refs it has been quite some time since the Jags had a receiver out there breaking DBs ankles with his moves.
Quote:Thanks dad.

right? lol 
Quote:This was a bad call, but the Dolphins got nailed with more bad calls then did we on Sunday.
Until we start getting our fair share of calls in games, i don't care what they call on the other team unless we actually start having calls go our way like a normal NFL team.  I have no remorse or sympathy for any team, period.

Robinson put on a bit of a show and if he keeps it up, he will earn himself that respect.
Poor call but thankfully we still came out with the W.

Quote:Until we start getting our fair share of calls in games, i don't care what they call on the other team unless we actually start having calls go our way like a normal NFL team.  I have no remorse or sympathy for any team, period.

We've had our fair share this year of bad calls going our way. In this last game for instance, they gave Myers a chance at a 58-yard FG that should have been a 61-yard FG if placed correctly. I'm not so sure that kick had an extra three yards on it.

Last week the Panthers had an early TD called back with a flag for offensive PI that wan't there at all on replay. The Panthers had to ultimately settle for a FG instead, so that's basically 4 points in the Jaguars favor on at least what appeared to be a bad flag. I recall there being another blatant call in the Jaguars favor later in the game, but I'm struggling to recall what it was.

Pages: 1 2