Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF Grades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: 7Mh0tAd.png]

[Image: BmPqFVL.png]

Surprised by Linder's grade a bit there.
So Bortles has a passer rating over 100, leads the winning drive and he's red?  ARob goes absolutely off and he get's only 2?  Bortles doesn't get sacked the entire game yet the entire oline is negative?  I think i'll stick to watching the games and not give any credibility to these all important grades!

these PFF guys are total sticklers huh?

Quote:So Bortles has a passer rating over 100, leads the winning drive and he's red?  ARob goes absolutely off and he get's only 2?  Bortles doesn't get sacked the entire game yet the entire oline is negative?  I think i'll stick to watching the games and not give any credibility to these all important grades!

And the fish only averaged 2.6 yards per rushing play, with their RBs only averaging 1.6 y/c. Yet there are a lot of negative numbers in PFF's run defense column for the Jags with only Odrick and Bennett scoring in the plus column among defensive linemen.

Their ratings are getting more and more ridiculous.

Meh.......what's this supposed to mean?

Sure doesn't reflect reality of the game.

edit - want a laugh check out the fins performance - you would have thought they won
there's only one grade that matters... that W at the end of the game; all that other stuff is to keep statisticians employed.

Makes no sense!!!

PFF is a waste of time

raweyejag

Quote:PFF is a waste of time

Yea really bad analysis no wonder only 17 of NFL teams pay to use it. If it was really good more would be using it.
Quote:Yea really bad analysis no wonder only 17 of NFL teams pay to use it. If it was really good more would be using it.

And? Is that supposed to mean something? 

Funny how a lot of people are quick to devalue PFF's statistics, but don't bother to explain the flaws in their methodology. If Bortles and co. all had stunning numbers, I'm sure the sentiments expressed on the forum would be different.

raweyejag

Quote:And? Is that supposed to mean something? 
Pretty much self explanatory. If it was not good no teams would be using PFF and if PFF was perfect all 32 would be using it.

Quote:Yea really bad analysis no wonder only 17 of NFL teams pay to use it. If it was really good more would be using it.

I will trust the analysis of coaches over some statisticians.
Quote:Funny how a lot of people are quick to devalue PFF's statistics, but don't bother to explain the flaws in their methodology. If Bortles and co. all had stunning numbers, I'm sure the sentiments expressed on the forum would be different.

You watch the game or no?
Quote:Funny how a lot of people are quick to devalue PFF's statistics, but don't bother to explain the flaws in their methodology. If Bortles and co. all had stunning numbers, I'm sure the sentiments expressed on the forum would be different.

Nope. I would still think it was horse [BLEEP].

raweyejag

Quote:I will trust the analysis of coaches over some statisticians.

For what it's worth. PFF "Pro Football Focus has partnered with the Pro Coach Network to ensure that we are delivering the most accurate and reliable statistics to our users. Pro Coach Network consists of 28 former and current pro and college coaches with more than 750 years of combined coaching experience."

I don't work for PFF but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express
Worst grades i have seen from pff yet. I have really fell off lately.

Their "statistics" are just opinions.
Quote:Worst grades i have seen from pff yet. I have really fell off lately.

There was a preseason game this year where they had Joeckel rated higher than Parnell. Parnell was nearly flawless that game and Joeckel gave up a sack.
Pages: 1 2 3 4