Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Defensive Rankings After 2 Weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are only 2 weeks into the season, but our defense has been pretty outstanding.

Points Against - 20.0 (10th)

Yards Against - 324.5 (10th)

Passing Yards Against - 251.0 (20th)

Rushing Yards Against - 73.5 (5th)

Not bad to start off the season!
That's how we ended last season. Our stats were skewed downward from the beat downs we took to start the season but we were about 10th on total def from like week 5 and on.
What makes you think that is outstanding? Twentieth of 32 is below average and that is in a very important category. Last year we were in the top five for weeks, so 10th is a decline. Except for Jared Odrick, all I will ever remember about our defensive line against Miami is how they got a lot of first downs because we almost never got to Ryan Tannehill.

With a little bit of pressure that pass defense would greatly improve

Quote:What makes you think that is outstanding? Twentieth of 32 is below average and that is in a very important category. Last year we were in the top five for weeks, so 10th is a decline. Except for Jared Odrick, all I will ever remember about our defensive line against Miami is how they got a lot of first downs because we almost never got to Ryan Tannehill.

Did you just not watch the second half or.....

raweyejag

Offense is better than last year we have moved up except in the most important category scoring

20 Jacksonville 330.5 Average Total Yards

18 Jacksonville 221.0 ATY Passing

17 Jacksonville 109.5 ATY Rusing

30 Jacksonville 16.0   Average Points Per Game

Quote:Offense is better than last year we have moved up except in the most important category scoring

20 Jacksonville 330.5 Average Total Yards

18 Jacksonville 221.0 ATY Passing

17 Jacksonville 109.5 ATY Rusing

30 Jacksonville 16.0 Average Points Per Game

I expect that will change. They know they can't play week 1 conservative again
Quote:What makes you think that is outstanding? Twentieth of 32 is below average and that is in a very important category. Last year we were in the top five for weeks, so 10th is a decline. Except for Jared Odrick, all I will ever remember about our defensive line against Miami is how they got a lot of first downs because we almost never got to Ryan Tannehill.

10th in total DEF is pretty darn good.

We have a bunch of unknown players in the secondary. Signed a few guys but the secondary is a glowing hole in our D. It is what it is. We need a couple top picks to pan out and maybe even another impact free agent to be elite back there.
We had 4 of the top 5 DBs either out or leaving the game early....
Quote:Did you just not watch the second half or.....
I'm convinced she spends the games looking the other way.
We play the Patriots and Colts in the next two weeks so it will even out soon.
If we stay in the top 10 defense and top 16 offense we should be able to win at least 8 games right?

raweyejag

Quote:If we stay in the top 10 defense and top 16 offense we should be able to win at least 8 games right?

Depends on fumbles and interceptions by Jags and our opponent also penalties. Those can have an affect on both offensive and defensive stats that are good but don't turn out to be wins
The D really is playing better than most notice. However, just think if we had Marks and Fowler and everything was going right....

Marks being back on the field will force double teams and will make a massive difference in our pass rush. His presence will put guys 1 on 1 and free up other pass rushers. Sen'Derrick is vital to this team.

Our run D looks really good. Marks should be back in the next two weeks as well. Liking this, but our DB's are dropping like flies.

The defense has allowed 33pts (3 tds and 4 fgs, 16.5 ppg) so far...
Quote:Did you just not watch the second half or.....

Shapes and colors...
Quote:I'm convinced she spends the games looking the other way.

Quote:I expect that will change. They know they can't play week 1 conservative again

She is the biggest troll on this board.
Pages: 1 2