Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I thought Yeldon ran very well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know from a statistical, yards-per-carry standpoint, it's not good, but those were some of the toughest 70 yards you'll see a running back pick up.  It seemed like play after play, he had no room to run, but would still get three or four yards out of absolutely nothing, and they were timely, valuable yards.  It helped us get into a better position on third down, rather than constantly being third and long, which might've been the case last year in the same situation without Yeldon.

Having said that, am still a Shoelace fan, like the component he gives us with his speed.  Together, Yeldon and Shoelace are sort of a "thunder and lightning" duo.  Anyone know the extent of his injury?

I thought he ran well too. Def not a flashy game for him, but a lot of his runs were clutch.
He had a few moments of ugh... but he also ended up with some very nice bright spots. I no doubt think he showed flashes. Hoping he gets better every week.

I'm also a Denard fan, but you can't deny Yeldon at this point.  The kid can obviously play.

Had some really good solid runs that saved us a few drives. That run that got us a first down at the end of the game was super clutch as well. Add the penalty with it and that was a good 24 yards to set us up for an easy FG. His size, speed, and quick moves will only get better as the season goes on. Can't wait for him to break a big one for a TD.

If he didn't have those few plays where the Dolphins totally sniffed out the play for big losses, his YPA would have been much better. Can't blame him for those.
We missed Robinsons change of pace speed. Hopefully he comes back soon. Supposedly will miss several weeks.
He's going to bust lose one of these games. Just wait.

Yeldon looked very much the part.

Pierce also had a nice run (out of only two carries.)  I'm much more confident about the "stable" of backs this season.

Quote:If he didn't have those few plays where the Dolphins totally sniffed out the play for big losses, his YPA would have been much better. Can't blame him for those.

Yup, surprised Blake didn't audible out of one or more of those.  Something to talk about in the film room for sure.

Blake wasn't carrying out the handoff to hold the backside contain. I was waiting for us too run a bootleg...
Yeldon is growing on me.

Quote:Yeldon is growing on me.
Is it contagious?
Yeldon ran well. I think he could do better splitting carries though. He was looking gassed before the half.

Quote:If he didn't have those few plays where the Dolphins totally sniffed out the play for big losses, his YPA would have been much better. Can't blame him for those.

I blamed some of those on stupid play calling. It was obvious Yeldon would get stuffed at the line when I saw Miami's defense.

Quote:We missed Robinson's change of pace speed. Hopefully he comes back soon. Supposedly will miss several weeks.

For sure. Sometimes I was frustrated with Yeldon because he looks slower than Robinson.

BTW did they ever say what Robinson's knee injury is?
Yeldon busted out 2 nice runs on that final drive, really good stuff.

Quote:Yeldon ran well. I think he could do better splitting carries though. He was looking gassed before the half.

Yeah, he did not look like the same Yeldon I saw at Alabama. I don't think he can carry the load all day.
Yeldon had a nice hole on a play if Harbor would have actually stuck with his kickout block assignment. As the run blocking cleans up, the big runs will come.
I saw that play you are talking about. I yelled, "you have one thing to do and can't do that right". (Harbor) Yeldon looked good and when he can get a little help from Toby maybe this week beings that D-Rob will be missed then he will be even better. The moves he makes are nice but I think he needs to plant and go some times as well.   

The most impressive thing I saw was how he turned -2 yard plays into +2 yard plays.  Unfortunately that does not look good on the stat line but it was impressive.
He was running into a wall of people after the handoff. If the OL did better blocking allowing him more opportunities to find a hole he would have had over 100 yards. I think he will have his first 100 yard game vs New England this Sunday.

Pages: 1 2