Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF - Dolphins Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">– The Jaguar defense deserves a lot of credit for keeping Jacksonville competitive after the offense went scoreless for the majority of the second half. No player had a better game than former Dolphin Jared Odrick (+6.5) did at defensive end. What was more impressive than the volume of disruptions (five combined sacks, hits, and hurries) was the speed with which he was beating opposing blockers when he did manage to get pressure. That was evident on two of his second quarter pressures (11:33 and 0:28) and especially late in the fourth quarter when Odrick almost single-handedly stifled the Dolphins offense. At 3:02, he effortlessly handled LT Dallas Fox on his way to a sack-forced fumble before batting a pass on the next play, putting the Dolphins in third-and-long situation at their own 1-yard line.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">– This was a fairly inconsistent performance from QB Blake Bortles (-1.3), who was superb against the Dolphins blitz (+2.1 raw grade and 146.7 passer rating), but battled inaccuracy at times and had a few throws that his receivers made look better. Bortles hit second year WR Allen Robinson (+2.1) for big gains in the first half, but perhaps locked onto him a bit too much after that. Miami cornerback Brent Grimes certainly appeared to catch on, reading and dropping what should have been a fairly easy interception late before halftime.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">– Despite rookie RB T.J. Yeldon (+0.4) forcing four missed tackles and making some good plays on the ground, the Dolphins largely stifled Jacksonville’s run game, holding both Yeldon and Bernard Pierce (-0.1) below 2.8 yards per carry. This was the second week in a row that the team’s offseason addition at center, Stefen Wisniewski (-5.0), graded negatively in run blocking with issues against the combination of Earl Mitchell and Ndamukong Suh.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">Top Performers:

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(75,75,75);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">DE Jared Odrick (6.5)

WR Allen Robinson (+2.1)

S Sergio Brown (+1.9)

CB Aaron Colvin (+1.9)

DE Ryan Davis (+1.8)

But Colvin is overated trash! And McCray is our best CB!
That PFF report is baloney. We almost went into overtime because our defensive line sucked against the pass.

Quote:That PFF report is baloney. We almost went into overtime because our defensive line sucked against the pass.

How many 3 and outs did Miami have in the second half? How many points did they score?
Quote:That PFF report is baloney. We almost went into overtime because our defensive line sucked against the pass.

not sure if serious

Did you watch the game?

Sucked against the pass? 5th and 6th string CBs were on the field a good amount and they still managed to hold them. I think they did pretty darn well.

The troll is back baby
Quote:Did you watch the game?

Pretty sure she just makes out shapes and colors when she watches a game...
Sergio keeps stacking them up.

Give me two claps, and a Ric Flair!!
Quote:Sergio keeps stacking them up.

Wooo!

And the next two teams he should be pretty familiar with. Let's see how he does against Brady and Luck.
The only play I recall Sergio giving up was the deep pass down the seam. And he tipped the ball which just made a lucky bounce in Miami's favor.

He is by far the biggest surprise this year, love that dude 
Quote:The only play I recall Sergio giving up was the deep pass down the seam. And he tipped the ball which just made a lucky bounce in Miami's favor.
Yeah, Sergio has been a very solid player so far. The effort on that play was great, but sometimes freak plays happen.
Wait, Wiz struggled again Suh? Clearly PFF hasn't a clue. Because the geniuses on here think Wiz rendered Suh a non-factor.
Quote:Wait, Wiz struggled again Suh? Clearly PFF hasn't a clue. Because the geniuses on here think Wiz rendered Suh a non-factor.
We all know Suh was all over the field and was a powerhouse. It was a massive single tackle. I felt the impact through the TV screen.
Good or bad for Jags players, I still don't think PFF rankings are anything to hang your hat on.

Quote:Good or bad for Jags players, I still don't think PFF rankings are anything to hang your hat on.

I disagree.  Everybody has access to internet and these rankings these days.  Having a good PFF score earns yourself a reputation in the league, which can equate to pro bowls and future contracts.

Lol so PFF ranks bortles -1 but ESPN gave him a total QBR of 90 which makes him too 5 in the NFL.

Lesson: these rankings and ratings don't really meant squat most of the time.
Pages: 1 2