Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Too early to call Linder elite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean damn this dude is always on point.

Is Suh elite? If so he deserves to be in the conversation after giving Suh all he could handle.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Although protection was usually very good, we struggled to run the ball.
All I know is Linder is a bad a$$
Yes

I dont care what people call him as long as he plays like he did yesterday!!

Quote:I dont care what people call him as long as he plays like he did yesterday!!

If he was on the Colts he would have a shrine outside Lucas Oil Stadium.
Linder is one of the best guards in the NFL
Quote:If he was on <del>the Colts </del> any team but the Jags he would have a <del>shrine outside Lucas Oil Stadium</del> bust in the HoF and a hourly mention on ESPN.

FTFY
He good.
He has the talent to be elite. I would say he is a very good player and will be elite if he continues to play like he has in the next few years!

OBJ caught one pass like an acrobat and was instantly labeled "Elite". Linder played a full season and now two games and has been a consistent monster. So no, it's not too early to call him elite.

Quote:I mean damn this dude is always on point.
You have to be elected to at least a ProBowl preferably more than one (for the league to consider him elite in the media eyes anyways).

I think he is playing at an elite level, and if he was say on the Cowboys it would be noticed...

The PFF I think rated him as very good so he's getting noticed.

Quote:OBJ caught one pass like an acrobat and was instantly labeled "Elite". Linder played a full season and now two games and has been a consistent monster. So no, it's not too early to call him elite.

Well obj did have 1400 yrds in 12 games. Not just one acrobatic catch.
Not sure I'd call Linder elite just yet. He may not even be the best Guard from his draft class at this point.
Quote:Well obj did have 1400 yrds in 12 games. Not just one acrobatic catch.
He made that catch in his 7th game and was being called "elite". That's what I mean.
I hate calling players elite, but man.... Brandon Linder is always always really good in every game from week 1 of last year.

By the way, I haven't seen much love for Zane Beadles.... I barely remember him even playing this week, which is probably a really good sign.
You can't compare a LG to a WR. ODB is considered elite because he makes explosive plays that puts points on the board or he puts them in position to put points on the board. Linder is just a pass protector and run blocker, he doesn't score, he just helps them score. It's hard to explain but a LG to be elite must have played consistently for some time or been on the all pro team, like Zach Martin from Cowboys.

He doesn't quite fall under the Elite category yet IMO. Needs to make a couple Pro bowls first...

Quote:I hate calling players elite, but man.... Brandon Linder is always always really good in every game from week 1 of last year.

By the way, I haven't seen much love for Zane Beadles.... I barely remember him even playing this week, which is probably a really good sign.
He let a guy smack bortles, but bortles still got the pass off (might have been Suh so its reasonable I guess) but yeah he played good.  Young got a lot of help from Lewis (whom actually had a really good game blocking double teaming guys with Young.
Pages: 1 2