Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Early Odds of Jags/Patriots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

raweyejag

13 to 14 point underdogs. My concern is Brady will pick apart our secondary short and long. If we can pressure him then he won't have time to pick us apart.
I can't believe its not 20+ points. Brady is basically getting a off-week. Thats what is interesting about this game. Nearly every position is better on the patriots compared to the Jags. I want to see these young guys play someone they know is superior. I want to see how they respond. Do they crack and fold? Or do they take it up a notch? 

Let me put any optimism to rest: nobody pressures brady. Ever. That line is a steel wall. And he generally gets rid of the ball fast enough that it isn't a problem. They run so many underneath routes that you need to be on your A game tackling.

It's gonna take 28+ points too, so we can't afford more 2nd half lapses
To beat the Patriots, we will have to score 30+ and get a couple turnovers
Quote:To beat the Patriots, we will have to score 30+ and get a couple turnovers

The bills did that..... and still lost

raweyejag

Quote:To beat the Patriots, we will have to score 30+ and get a couple turnovers
Yes but also limit penalties, catch all passes, get some turnovers and then score touchdowns, and stick to your assignments no freelancing
We will have to go score to score with them. The moment we punt, we are in a hole, being forced to abandon the game plan early, then things can really get nasty.

The worst part of our defense is covering the middle and TE's. I feel sorry for any guys playing against Gronk in FF next week.

Their defense is nothing special. There is no reason we can't trade TD's with them and continue to have success.

Lets be honest. I don't think anybody is actually expecting to win as much as just not getting embarassed. This reminds me of the game we had in Denver a couple years ago that actually turned out to be way better than people thought.

Quote:We will have to go score to score with them. The moment we punt, we are in a hole.

The worst part of our defense is covering the middle and TE's. I feel sorry for any guys playing against Gronk in FF next week.

Their defense is nothing special. There is no reason we can't trade TD's with them and continue to have success.
.... Until the 2nd half starts
Wanna be the best? Beat the best.

I think against the Broncos last year we were a 17 point underdog and we covered that spread. So I'm thinking that if the line is at +/- 14 points, we will cover it. Our offense vs their defense will be a win match up for us. Their offense and our good defense, their offense will outshine our defense. I say we lose by 10 points. If they have a over/under total, I would go over. 

Its like last year when we played Denver and the game was very very close.

I don't think we win, but if we do... the Earth will explode.

Quote:Lets be honest. I don't think anybody is actually expecting to win as much as just not getting embarassed. This reminds me of the game we had in Denver a couple years ago that actually turned out to be way better than people thought.
That last bit about the Broncos game is totally what I was going to post. I remember everyone saying we would die a horrible death and set records with how many TDs peyton would put on us and what not..... We lost but we put up a fight which was nice. I would love to put up a fight.

Quote:Wanna be the best? Beat the best.
That's the exciting part about this game though. Will the young, unproven Jaguars fold to arguably the single greatest team the NFL has had over the last few decades? will pretty boy Tom have another stellar performance? or will it be Blake Bortles time to show the NFL what he's made of?

Quote: will it be Blake Bortles time to show the NFL what he's made of?
That would be so amazing....
Win or lose, this game should make us better for the rest of the season. This will be a great learning experience for our defense and I hope they take this challenge to learn and get better! (Gus Bradley's voice)

Gronk is uncoverable. Edelman is uncoverable. Belicheck is a genius. This could be nasty.

Quote:Gronk is uncoverable. Edelman is uncoverable. Belicheck is a genius. This could be nasty.
Peyton, Julius, Demaryius, and Welker were unstoppable in 2013 and set records as an offense. They were averaging 30+ a game and hit the 50's in multiple games.

We played them tough with our crappy team and kept it close for the most part. I have faith we won't get embarrassed.
This is like Rocky Balboa vs Apollo Creed.  I say Jags lose by 12 but puts up a respectable game.

cant do it.

I didnt predict the miami score so just in case I dont want to ruin the luck.

Probably lose by at least 14 points - which actually isn't that horrible all things considered.  Too many injuries will take it's toll - Marks, Branch, Joke, D Rob, Cyp, J Thomas.  

The bright side is that we'll start getting some of them back by the Colts game, so that game will end up being key to seeing how far we've really come.

Pages: 1 2