Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We now have the chance to make some NOISE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great game from the Jaguars! Being 1-1 gives us an opportunity to really look forward to another week. HOWEVER, we do travel to New England to play Tom Brady and the 2-0 Patriots. It is an absolute long shot and I do not expect us to even come close to winning, BUT if they somehow pull off an amazing upset in Foxborough, the NFL will be put on notice that Jacksonville is coming. What a great opportunity to make a name for ourselves!

GO JAGS
It's 1996 all over again
A win against the Patriots won't make headlines about how good the Jags are, the Patriots would make all the headlines about how Brady is done blah blah blah..just like last season when the Chiefs destroyed them
Enjoy it while you can.  In exactly one week we will be the object of smirks and sneers from the lips of every sports talking head in America.

Quote:It's 1996 all over again
U think win over NE next week would be bigger upset then 96 Broncos game? It's hard to compare Playoff game to week 2 game but what u say?
If we beat NE at there house next week, I'll have no doubt we make the playoffs this year.
Remember.. All I said is that there is a CHANCE and an OPPORTUNITY (Gus voice) to make some noise...

I totally expect us to lose and lose big, but it is football and you never know.
~Hope~ wow, such a good point, so obvious i didnt even think about it, but if we dont go anf beat NE, after they beat two pretty good teams, that would have to garner some respect. Not only that, but it would also have this young team high on confidence that they can take it to anyone... heck, that they could take the whole thing. I hope the cooler air make my boys fly around fully energized next week. ~Hope~
I'm just going to enjoy this Dolphins win for a couple days before I start thinking about facing the Patriots. That'll ruin my mood
Quote:Great game from the Jaguars! Being 1-1 gives us an opportunity to really look forward to another week. HOWEVER, we do travel to New England to play Tom Brady and the 2-0 Patriots. It is an absolute long shot and I do not expect us to even come close to winning, BUT if they somehow pull off an amazing upset in Foxborough, the NFL will be put on notice that Jacksonville is coming. What a great opportunity to make a name for ourselves!

GO JAGS

My magic eight ball says try again later.

I would love to see the Jaguars defeat the Patriots in New England, but they allowed Miami to throw for over 300 yards & Tom Brady almost threw for 500 yards against the Bills on the road.

I am wondering how if at all do they stop Gronk?  I guess Skuta or Telvin Smith will occasionally cover him depending on the scheme probably not a particular guy as much as what play Gus calls at the time.  They did a good job containing Olsen so maybe it wont be that bad, and House could cover Eldeman? (Maybe).
If we stand toe to toe with the Pats and trade haymakers in a close win/loss, then the rest of the outlook for the schedule becomes far more illuminated
I'm expecting at least a 14 point difference, if it's less than that I'd be happy.  This win has me thinking 6-7 wins instead of 4-5, if they beat NE I might even say they're a 8-9 win team. 

Quote:I'm expecting at least a 14 point difference, if it's less than that I'd be happy. This win has me thinking 6-7 wins instead of 4-5, if they beat NE I might even say they're a 8-9 win team.

If we beat the Pats we won't lose again till the last week of the season,(no starters playing going into playoffs)

raweyejag

I want the game to be competitive all the way to the end again. It looks like our guys were putting some hard hits and flying around with much less mistakes. Got to cut down on the penalties. I think Gus also holding them more accountable. I noticed when Chris Smith got a penalty when Dolphins were inside the 5. After the play he called out to Smith and pointed to his head implying think no dumb mistakes.
There's always hope. I'd like nothing more than seeing the Jags take out the Pats in Foxborough.

But:

NO Way in HADES can they play like they did today with all the mistakes and think they'll get a win there.

-Multiple stupid penalties

-Multiple dropped passes

-2nd half full of 3 and Outs

-Mental Errors (using timeouts for bone-headed challenges or delay of game avoidance)

They play the same way as today, it won't be pretty.

Jags will have to play almost perfect (mistake-free) and hope the Pats make a ton of mental errors and a bunch of 3 and Outs.
There is always hope for a win ffs....

First half offence and second half defence would appear to be what we need. With that combination we might have a chance of not being embarrassed. But the Patriots* are the Patriots*, and given that a win seems unlikely even with the team playing at their best.
Quote:U think win over NE next week would be bigger upset then 96 Broncos game? It's hard to compare Playoff game to week 2 game but what u say?

It would probably be the biggest win/upset since then, but idk if it can really count as bigger being early regular season
Quote:If we beat NE at there house next week, I'll have no doubt we make the playoffs this year.

Playoffs?!
Lol I have no expectations of winning next week. Now in Indy I think we have a shot but next week I don't see it.
Pages: 1 2 3