Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Preschool Coaches!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All i could hear last week was playcalling sucked, we should run more, we aren't built yet, and the panthers game was the most winnable of the first quarter of the season's games.  Well, its post game two and all i can see is a 180 degree turn on these stances made last Monday.  i said it then, to friends and fam, and i will say it now; if you aren't on the field or in the film room each week then don't quit your day job.  We ran as much as possible today(as most wanted iirc) and were destroyed on alot of plays.  We need an offensive balance and that does not consist of an 80/20 run pass ratio, neither does it mean the opposite.  The team IS built.  We may not have a top 10 player at any given position but we are stable once again.  Before Caldwell, we were a team struggling to keep aging players playing elite football on some levels and trying to find play makers to compensate for the lack of overall depth.  Now we have a team built for the foreseeable future with minor playmaking ability shown so far, but loads of potential with the chance to add more dynamic players while still growing with young, up and coming players.  I say all this to say........STOP COMPLAINING.  its embarrassing, already old, and unless you are going to stop supporting the product to make a change then please act wise.  I was told as a child, any one person can always be considered one of the smartest people in the room until they open their mouth IJS.  Bash me for grammer all you want, but what i see is a team im happy and proud of.  We may not be division title contenders just yet; but i see us as second in this division and only 1 or 2 game breaking players away from being consistent division/playoff contenders. 

Let the players play, grow together, and let the coaches coach.  That is all.  Enjoy the W.

Bradley sucks

Quote:Bradley sucks
Gus rocks!
No they should have run more last week, they did this week and we won. I'm very glad for this week's play calling I hope it continues. I understand that everyone has bad games and we had one against Carolina. I did jump the gun when I said Olsen was an idiot, I should have waited to see more.

Quote:Bradley sucks

This. Dude made more questionable / dumb calls again. He almost cost us with that challenge.
A win is a win no matter how or how small!

Quote:No they should have run more last week, they did this week and we won. I'm very glad for this week's play calling I hope it continues. I understand that everyone has bad games and we had one against Carolina. I did jump the gun when I said Olsen was an idiot, I should have waited to see more.
That is true.  We should have used the playcalling today, last week.  We made some changes and did better offensively.  We still have a long ways to go in my book but improvement is improvement.

CSO14...The challenge/time out in question was bad.  I was more upset with the missed calls by the refs this game, but thats every jags home game lol.  i think bradley is learning the position still as far as taking chances with challenging plays and being too aggressive too early in some critical downs and situation.  He will grow but as long as the team grows with him then his calls will become less likely.  Honestly, on the play in question if the facemask was called then he wouldn't have to make that call which is my point.  Coaches gamble and in a situation like that its warranted.  That would have sealed the game and negated any hopes for Miami and with a team struggling for a spark to close any help is welcome. 
Paragraphs, look into it.