Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Impressions on week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
- Bortles looked fantastic today but there were a few throws you know he wish he would've had back, like that one over the middle. But outside of that he looked awesome, and the offensive line did a fantastic job of protecting him -- Sam Young included.

- Pass rush was getting there but they were struggling to bring Tannehill down and you have to make him tuck it and give up on the play.

- Jared Odrick made Miami wish they had kept him. He was disruptive as hell today.

- I like what TJ Yeldon can do, but Miami simply has a tough run defense. He did enough for me to believe he can take 20 carries a game against a lesser defense without being detrimental.

- Allen Robinson turned it on today and had a monster game on paper but he vanished in the second half. Some people are going to grill me for saying this, but I still don't believe he's #1 material. You can't disappear like that. Same for Allen Hurns, who I was really high on.

- And on the receivers, the drops have to be addressed or the Jaguars might have to look to free agency next year for a veteran, proven pass catcher. I truly believe it's starting to kill Bortles' development, although Bortles did a fantastic job of trusting his receivers even though all but one didn't actually earn it.

- The secondary was patchy today but I'm not too worried about it since our starting CB didn't even finish the game and the starting SS wasn't out there

- The Dolphins penalties really, really helped the Jaguars offense, but for the first time in a long time, I felt like on that drive, and that drive alone, that the Jaguars had a legitimate chance to move the ball in the clutch there. It wasn't like Gabbert where I closed my eyes and hoped to get it within 60 yards for Scobee. I felt like the Jaguars could've picked up that 4th down if they wanted to.

- Awesome win.

#1 receivers have massive halves and disappear for halves all the time. It's called the other team making adjustments. They were probably doubling on A-Rob the entire second half.

I could be wrong but it looked like they game planned in the second half to roll coverage over to AR, that is why he didnt have a big second half

Quote:#1 receivers have massive halves and disappear for halves all the time. It's called the other team making adjustments. They were probably doubling on A-Rob the entire second half.
I'm an open skeptic, and if/when he proves me wrong I'll rescind all doubt.
Hurns stepped up when needed.

Greene stepped up when needed.

AR15 was a beast.

The HC was suspect.  I'm sorry, but he scares me in terms of his actual understanding of a football game.  He let a potential fumble go, but threw the red flag on a clear incompletion.  It's scary how inept he is...

Thank goodness Caldwell brought in some good talent...

Speaking of which, I hope Shoelace is OK...

Man, our D looks really good.  

Great game to be a jags fan.  I'm still burping up tuna fish!!!

Quote: 

- And on the receivers, the drops have to be addressed or the Jaguars might have to look to free agency next year for a veteran, proven pass catcher. I truly believe it's starting to kill Bortles' development, although Bortles did a fantastic job of trusting his receivers even though all but one didn't actually earn it.

I know he's technically not a WR, but Julius Thomas should be that veteran, proven pass catcher.
I tend to agree with the first 2 posters. AR15 actually showed why he CAN be a #1 wr. Those 2 deep ball catches and then the one where he caught the ball that was thrown way high and behind him, they were all things of beauty and exactly what you would expect from a #1 wideout.

This was the best thing we couldve seen from Arob.
Quote:Hurns stepped up when needed.

Greene stepped up when needed.

AR15 was a beast.

The HC was suspect.  I'm sorry, but he scares me in terms of his actual understanding of a football game.  He let a potential fumble go, but threw the red flag on a clear incompletion.  It's scary how inept he is...

Thank goodness Caldwell brought in some good talent...

Speaking of which, I hope Shoelace is OK...

Man, our D looks really good.  

Great game to be a jags fan.  I'm still burping up tuna fish!!!
Eh.... Greene scares me with how often he drops those easy catches. I can't recall that being an issue for him at FSU so I'm assuming it's a rookie rookie'ing.
I think miami adjusted the second half to cover a-rob. Of course, that doesn't explain the drops in the second half. We could sure use Julius Thomas and Marks back.

All I know is, somebody needs to fire da waterboy! House! #StayHydrated!
Quote:I tend to agree with the first 2 posters. AR15 actually showed why he CAN be a #1 wr. Those 2 deep ball catches and then the one where he caught the ball that was thrown way high and behind him, they were all things of beauty and exactly what you would expect from a #1 wideout.

This was the best thing we couldve seen from Arob.
The long balls to A-Rob were things of beauty.
I can't wait until we get Julius back. And Lee looked good when called upon except for that OPI.

Quote:The long balls to A-Rob were things of beauty.

They were, and don't forget about the third one that was a blatant pass interference that wasn't called.
Quote:They were, and don't forget about the third one that was a blatant pass interference that wasn't called.
I forgot about that one...

Rob could have had nearly 200 yards receiving...
They had double and even triple coverage on him at times. They weren't respecting Greene or Hurns in the 2nd half, and Greene killed us with those drops. 

Defense saved the day.

Those three and outs are going to haunt this team if the offense can't buy the d more time.

With Denard and Toby out they need to inject some life into this running game somehow.

The drops are getting ridiculous.

AR15 did what I thought he'd do and Bortles did what I prayed he'd do.

Glad a small percentage of the whining will cease for a week.

Brady will pick this secondary apart of they don't get healthy quick.
Quote:They had double and even triple coverage on him at times. They weren't respecting Greene or Hurns in the 2nd half, and Greene killed us with those drops. 

I wonder if coverage will continue to roll his way once Julius Thomas can finally play again.
Quote:I wonder if coverage will continue to roll his way once Julius Thomas can finally play again.
We'll be a hard offense to stop with him coming back. They'll have to game-plan for the run or pass, and then decide whether or not to put focus on JT or ARob. One of them will get 1 on 1 opportunities.
Quote:They had double and even triple coverage on him at times. They weren't respecting Greene or Hurns in the 2nd half, and Greene killed us with those drops. 
Which is weird because I'd expect Allen Hurns to be the guy who finds room in that situation.
Defense did a fantastic job at stopping the run. O-Line did a fantastic job at pass protection.

Pages: 1 2