Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Redemption!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Much respect for the team bouncing back and winning this game. They played like bums last week. They scratched and clawed to win an ugly second half game. Gives me some hope
Congrats to the Jags for the win! It wasn't a 'pretty' win, in fact we had a lot of help from the ref's to win this, but a win is a win... we'll take it. I also want to say that I was one of the one's who seriously doubted that the Jags would win this game, considering the abomination that was on the field last week. I think that our offense caught the 'phins flat footed the first half, but the defense was able to hang in there and keep it close. Special congrats to Myers for the game winning field goal; redemption must feel really good for him!

I was wrong about Robinson, Hurns, and Lee. They proved me wrong today, and I'm so happy they did. Bortles played great too, but that almost INT scared me.

As we say in Ireland

De réir a chéile a thógtar na caisleáin.

It takes time to build castles.

Definitely feels good. We have to ride this momentum wave

Lee looked good in his limited time on the field today, hopefully he can stay healthy and continue the trend.

Greene had some drops but other than that I think the receivers were pretty good. The TE situation sucks though. Usual drops by Lewis, no catches for second straight week.

I'm happy for the win! Now with that being said, some of our offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Why are we trying to run Yeldon up the middle when they started teeing off on him? And Bortles did pretty good today but it's completely true; he totally watches the receiver he's going to throw to right from the snap. It's a wonder he wasn't picked off again today.

The effort was there. They played with fire. The played like they had a purpose.
Quote:I was wrong about Robinson, Hurns, and Lee. They proved me wrong today, and I'm so happy they did. Bortles played great too, but that almost INT scared me.
Those happen, usually they get dropped. I remember reading a stat Bortles had the least luck with dropped INTs while he threw about the average amount of possible INTs.
Bortles got away with a couple this game. Makes up for the absolute worst luck play Ive ever seen for a QB last week. I think hes 3-2 now TD/INT's? 

I still worry about the second half.  It's like the team shuts down

This may be our best win in like 7 years.  Time to complete the job and sneak one from NE or Colts (hopefully Monday we realize they suck).      

Quote:This may be our best win in like 7 years.  Time to complete the job and sneak one from NE or Colts (hopefully Monday we realize they suck).      
I can't see us beating the Patriots (I can't see many teams beating them right now, Gronkowski and Edelman are killing it).

The Colts...maybe, we'll see how they look for the next 2 weeks - last week might have been a freak result.The fact that we're not going to be 0-4 after a very tough start is impressive though.
It was a tough week and the win made my day. 

There would be lots of considerations to make about the game but for tonight I'm just so happy Smile

Quote:Congrats to the Jags for the win! It wasn't a 'pretty' win, in fact we had a lot of help from the ref's to win this, but a win is a win... we'll take it. I also want to say that I was one of the one's who seriously doubted that the Jags would win this game, considering the abomination that was on the field last week. I think that our offense caught the 'phins flat footed the first half, but the defense was able to hang in there and keep it close. Special congrats to Myers for the game winning field goal; redemption must feel really good for him!

Fins got some calls too. At least from what I could see from the stadium.
Quote:I can't see us beating the Patriots (I can't see many teams beating them right now, Gronkowski and Edelman are killing it).

The Colts...maybe, we'll see how they look for the next 2 weeks - last week might have been a freak result.The fact that we're not going to be 0-4 after a very tough start is impressive though.

There is absolutely NO REASON we beat the Patriots.  But the Patriots will likely have at least one upset this season.  So....   Maybe we come into it with nothing to lose.  Gus came out this week and said we need to be more agressive, and for the first time in many years the team ACTALLY WAS MORE AGRESSIVE.  And not fake agressive.  Patriots may actually have to watch tape this time. 

OK seriously we probably get clobbered.  But could you imagine ...
I'm still waiting to see if AR is better than Burns. Burns had some nice games like AR today.
Went to the game optimistic......held my breath several times as the Jags played as a team and held on to win.

Watching Odrick blowup Tannehill was priceless!

played like a Wildman.