Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Tuck Rule?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should Gus have challenged that call?  It looked like a fumble to me...

someone educate me on that.

It did to me as well. He wasn't passing. His arm only went forward because he got hit.

correct call by the refs, correct call by not challenging
Not according to Rule 8, Section 1, Article 1 of the NFL rules handbook.

Quote:Should Gus have challenged that call?  It looked like a fumble to me...

someone educate me on that.
They say since his arm was moving fwd it was an incompletion but sure looked like a fumble to me.
Quote:They say since his arm was moving fwd it was an incompletion but sure looked like a fumble to me.

The question is whether his arm was going forward at the same time he released the ball. We could all see clearly what the quarterback was doing: moving his arm forward with the ball in his hand. I would have challenged it either way.
It was pretty close as to whether his arm was going forward or not when the ball was knocked out, but I really don't believe that Gus would have won a challenge there, especially since it wasn't ruled a fumble on the field.

They should change the rule. If the ball is not out of your hands than it is a good play by the defense.
He clearly wasn't trying to pass the ball when he was hit. It was a fumble. Damn the rule.