Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ill be serving crow at halftime - merged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just about everybody on this board has a plate waiting for them. Seriously, Can we finally learn the lesson of "patience" and the wisdom of "seeing what happens" before declaring Bortles, Caldwell, and Bradley all "busts" or even "The next big thing". 

this is a dangerous thread to make

why, because jaguars
The only thing im declaring is the fact that this team isnt as bad as everyone moaned about all last week. They don't deserve to be fired or given up on. This team is still working things out and getting better. Who knows when they'll "be ready" but they aren't busts just yet. 

Quote:The only thing im declaring is the fact that this team isnt as bad as everyone moaned about all last week. They don't deserve to be fired or given up on. This team is still working things out and getting better. Who knows when they'll "be ready" but they aren't busts just yet. 

This. Exactly. Spot on. 17-13 now with 1:48 to play in the half. A win would be great. We have the potential to keep things going in this game and get it. But so long as a few more points are put on the board and this game is highly competitive, it'll be a positive to some degree. Much different from last week's "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING" reactions.
How about NOT cursing the team?  Like... waiting until after the game.  Would it kill you?!

Quote:How about NOT cursing the team?  Like... waiting until after the game.  Would it kill you?!
I say ban if we lose.
Quote:A win would be great.

This is the problem. We need to have a winning culture not a lets get better culture. All the great teams have a demanding mandate to win and comes from the coach, and team leaders. Not seeing any of that here.

And keep it in context. If you were bottom five in terms of your work output for the past 2 years, people would not have your back and say oh but he's improving! You would be fired.
Quote:This is the problem. We need to have a winning culture not a lets get better culture. All the great teams have a demanding mandate to win and comes from the coach, and team leaders. Not seeing any of that here.

And keep it in context. If you were bottom five in terms of your work output for the past 2 years, people would not have your back and say oh but he's improving! You would be fired.

and you completely forgot how those "teams" got there. 
How about waiting until the game ends and not jynxing us?! Lol
Fire everyone!
The Jags are known for not playing as well in the 2nd half, lets hope they come out strong and finish strong!

Being impatient is basically called being a fan. Most fans want wins right away.

I can't blame the people who were calling for heads after week one because it was a lot of the same in the first game. Glad the team came out to play this week. BORTLES!
Quote:and you completely forgot how those "teams" got there.

Yeah totally forgot about the 2011 draft. 4 of the 5 teams in the top 5 (indicating worst teams in the NFL) were in last years PLAYOFFS. That's playoffs within 4 years. Here we are in year 3 and we're just trying to win a game, much less a winning season, and much less the playoffs.

What a joke.
Love the aggressive calls on offense. Appears built like they said, just needs refining and as the OP said, patience.
I'm starting to think I'll need a serving.

Quote:Just about everybody on this board has a plate waiting for them. Seriously, Can we finally learn the lesson of "patience" and the wisdom of "seeing what happens" before declaring Bortles, Caldwell, and Bradley all "busts" or even "The next big thing". 

I have no plates of crow because I am one of common sense. And the game is not over either. 
if we lose now, youll be the boards new whipping boy. lol

Talk about serving up the crow when they show consistency from game to game.. Until then, keep your crow.

hopefully there will be no serving of foot when the game is over
game jinxed 

Pages: 1 2 3