Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Miami @ Jacksonville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The line opened up with Miami -4.5 and the Over/Under at 41.5.  It has since moved to Miami at -6 and the Over/Under right at 41.5.

What this means is a bet for Miami means that you are betting that they will win by more than 6 points.  If they win, but it's by less than 6 points then you lose the bet.

The other way to look at it, a bet for Jacksonville means that they will either outright win the game, or lose by less than 6 points.

Over/Under is total points scored in the game by both teams.

I don't expect a real close game, and I don't think that the Jaguars can pull a win off (I hope I'm wrong) so I would bet on Miami.  I do expect this to be similar to last season's score between these two teams (27-13), though I do expect the Jaguars to put up a few more points, so I would bet the Over on this game.

I bet 100 on the Jags to cover. Why? Because I like pain.
Quote:I bet 100 on the Jags to cover. Why? Because I like pain.

Respect!
Interesting results of the poll right now.  What surprises me most, and perhaps some people don't understand the Over/Under bet is that there are more that would bet the under.

What I find interesting is that it's the nearly the same over/under they had for the Denver/KC game. I know those teams have some good defenses and Vegas might have predicted a lower score, but those teams have some high octane offensive players as well.

My point: I would definitely take the under for this game, and would only be considering the over if I thought Miami was gonna blow us out. I know there's no chance our offense is scoring 3 TDs if they play anything like last week, and I don't see Miami putting up a whole bunch of points after seing their week 1 performance against DC, either.
Quote:What I find interesting is that it's the nearly the same over/under they had for the Denver/KC game. I know those teams have some good defenses and Vegas might have predicted a lower score, but those teams have some high octane offensive players as well.

My point: I would definitely take the under for this game, and would only be considering the over if I thought Miami was gonna blow us out. I know there's no chance our offense is scoring 3 TDs if they play anything like last week, and I don't see Miami putting up a whole bunch of points after seing their week 1 performance against DC, either.

I think you're right about the over under. If this game is anything like most of the games the Jaguars play it'll likely be about 28-7 with the dolphins completely letting up off of the gas halfway through the third quarter knowing the Jaguars aren't even a threat to compete.
Quote:Interesting results of the poll right now.  What surprises me most, and perhaps some people don't understand the Over/Under bet is that there are more that would bet the under.

It's a combo of the Jags putting up a strong defensive effort last Sunday and a lack of respect for the fish offense. They did only score 17 points against the Redskins, and seven came on a punt return.

My gut tells me that Jax can do this (cover the points or even win it outright).

But, I'm taking the opponents to win and cover each week until the Jags show me otherwise.
I just don't see how we cover any spread with the offense performing the way it currently is...

The Jaguars have too many meaningless great plays... meaning they made a great play, but weren't able to combine it with other good plays to dominate the opponent the whole game, I can only remember 1 great game, and it came against the Dolphins, 62-7. But this isn't that Dolphins team, and Sunday will not be a great game. :no: .

Quote:The Jaguars have too many meaningless great plays... meaning they made a great play, but weren't able to combine it with other good plays to dominate the opponent the whole game, I can only remember 1 great game, and it came against the Dolphins, 62-7. But this isn't that Dolphins team, and Sunday will not be a great game. :no: .

I remember many more games that were great.  That 62-7 game was an anomaly.
Quote:I just don't see how we cover any spread with the offense performing the way it currently is...

That's how I see it. The Jaguars have continually failed to meet any level of expectation of success, I can't see them doing anything except getting destroyed by any team good enough to sniff .500.
Quote:That's how I see it. The Jaguars have continually failed to meet any level of expectation of success, I can't see them doing anything except getting destroyed by any team good enough to sniff .500.

oh ye of little faith. 

i smell victory
Quote:oh ye of little faith.

i smell victory

Excuse me..
Quote:oh ye of little faith. 

i smell victory

I'd welcome the team not playing like crap, and if being wrong about saying they will do so is the price then I'd gladly be wrong.
Quote:I bet 100 on the Jags to cover. Why? Because I like pain.

Ok, I whiffed on the over/under, but that's not where my money was. I knew the Jags could cover this week.
Quote:Ok, I whiffed on the over/under, but that's not where my money was. I knew the Jags could cover this week.

I did the opposite.  I missed on the Jaguars covering, but was right (barely) on the over.