Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Use lewis more this game..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was as if he wasn't playing lol even though he was.. He showed flashes in pre season..

If Young is in at tackle, that's where Marcedes will be... unfortunately. Harbor could have a chance to make an impact though
sadly another season where Lewis won't get to be the dynamic player that the ones that believe in him know him to be.  soon the cut Lewis squad will come out of the woodwork and it'll be miserable.

I think Lewis would've been traded if any team had shown any real interest.

Hopefully he does something worthy of all that money over the years this year, but I doubt it.

They will be using Lewis extensively this game and every game thereafter, as a matter of necessity, as an additional blocker behind sam young... much like the TE's were getting used extensively behind joeckel.

he has no hands.

wait.

is this a contract year?

if so, he has hands, use the guy. :yes:

nah

lewis/burns, a killer combo

Gus mentioned they were double teaming Lewis, and im imagining he was staying in to help block a lot too. Usually good O line play means Mercedes will catch passes.
Just talked to Olly... he said no

Quote:It was as if he wasn't playing lol even though he was.. He showed flashes in pre season..

This is his 10th...those arent flashes maybe little blips
Lewis will be playing LT all game
We must avoid TEs at all cost. 

Lewis is so tall, you have to target him with the high overhead balls over these smaller linebackers. It looks like a clear mismatch but I don't know why they don't use him more often. Even if Thomas is out, Lewis has to step in and make some catches in the middle of the field so our outside WR can get a little more breathing room.