Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bowanko is backup LT (3rd)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So Bowanko is Young's backup for LT Sunday. I wonder how short of a leash Young has before being benched for Bo. After how he played in relief of Joeckel I hope it's short.
Bo athletic enough to play tackle? Would be pretty sweet if he can. Young doesn't look like he belongs in the NFL
I thought it was interesting that Bradley mentioned the other day that Bowanko had been working at right tackle. And Parnell could move to left tackle "if necessary".
I think Gus has a plan.... and he's trying not to tip his hand. They can't be comfortable with Young at LT.

He kind of waffled and didn't really answer any of those Bowanko questions with any sort of clarity.

PLAY HIM.  Young is going to get blown up on Sunday.  If Bowanko is really the next best lineman outside of the top 5 PLAY HIM.  Blake is going to get sacked at least 5 times if Young plays at LT all day.

Bradley said he thinks he still needs more work at LT. He isn't ready yet. He said Parnell could move to LT in an extreme case.
Quote:Bradley said he thinks he still needs more work at LT. He isn't ready yet. He said Parnell could move to LT in an extreme case.

Sam Young being the left tackle is an extreme case
Quote:So Bowanko is Young's backup for LT Sunday. I wonder how short of a leash Young has before being benched for Bo. After how he played in relief of Joeckel I hope it's short.

It is not a good sign when you are talking about moving backup average Centers to LT!
Quote:Sam Young being the left tackle is an extreme case

I agree. I'm sure if Bowanko was ready he'd be in line to replace Joeckel ahead of Young.
Quote:It is not a good sign when you are talking about moving backup average Centers to LT!

They said over a month ago he was getting work at tackle
That doesn't make me feel better, it makes me more concerned (that they knew LT was an area of concern prior to PreSeason and did nothing about it).

Quote:That doesn't make me feel better, it makes me more concerned (that they knew LT was an area of concern prior to PreSeason and did nothing about it).
We as fans knew it was the weak link of the line.
Quote:That doesn't make me feel better, it makes me more concerned (that they knew LT was an area of concern prior to PreSeason and did nothing about it).

Look at it however you want. I guess I'm not sure of the downside of having a reserve lineman with versatility.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bowanko just came out as a brick wall playing LT just stonewalling everyone.

They had Wells, Pasztor and signed Brennan Williams. I'm sure they didn't plan on Pasztor sucking as bad as he did and Wells breaking his hand. Depth is thin at most every position on this team. Its hard to build depth when you're still trying to find starters. I'm fine with Bowanko cross training at tackle. That just makes him that much more valuable.
Hilarious, no

Amazing, much needed, blessing in disguise, a season changer, yes
Quote:We as fans knew it was the weak link of the line.

But we are only in PreK while they are collegiates.

Quote:They had Wells and Pasztor. I'm sure they didn't plan on Pasztor sucking as bad as he did and Wells breaking his hand. Depth is thin at most every position on this team. Its hard to build depth when you're still trying to find starters. I'm fine with Bowanko cross training at tackle. That just makes him that much more valuable.

RT Pasztor was a decent backup in the past but still why not sign a free agent or undrafted FA or trade for a decent backup LT if nothing else?
Quote:But we are only in PreK while they are collegiates.
Ah shucks. True. It's nap time.
Quote:Look at it however you want. I guess I'm not sure of the downside of having a reserve lineman with versatility.

If he can come out playing better than S. Young & Luke great!  Fantastic! but I highly doubt it.

Not his fault ask its like asking Odrick to play LEO sure he could probably do it but not as good as he does DT or LE.
Pages: 1 2 3