Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why doesn't Obama get credit for low gas prices?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because he sure got blame for the high prices.

[Image: gaspricesobama.jpg]

[Image: fnc-ff-20120530-obamaadgasprices.png]

Hah.
Because its symptonatic of sluggish demand. Im in a sector tied to tge price of steel and precious metals everything is in the tank. Deflation as a result of near global recession isnt an accomplishment.

In the case of high energy prices u had and still have policies in place that could have increased supply and curbbed cost that he refuses to implement.
HAHA! Because_Politics

Quote:Because its symptonatic of sluggish demand. Im in a sector tied to tge price of steel and precious metals everything is in the tank. Deflation as a result of near global recession isnt an accomplishment.

In the case of high energy prices u had and still have policies in place that could have increased supply and curbbed cost that he refuses to implement.

Lol
To think... I used to be a liberal
jj - you're basically saying, yes it was his fault when they were high but he's got nothing to do with them being low because of "lots-of-jargon"?

Well you see...

It was his fault when they were high because he was President.

It's not his credit now though because even though he's President, it's all about supply and demand.  It wasn't about supply and demand before because reasons.  Ones that I didn't totally make up so I could blame the President on them, and if the President were my party I'd be saying the exact opposite.

Quote:Well you see...

It's not his credit now though because even though he's President, it's all about supply and demand.  It wasn't about supply and demand before because reasons.  Ones that I didn't totally make up so I could blame the President on them, and if the President were my party I'd be saying the exact opposite.
Relevant:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dona...18f6196a82
Quote:Relevant:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-republicans-democrats-poll_55e5fbb8e4b0c818f6196a82'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-republicans-democrats-poll_55e5fbb8e4b0c818f6196a82</a>

It's about inclusion and identity for most folks even if they won't admit or even realize it themselves. The facts, ideas even, don't matter. It's us vs them. Red team, blue team. Divided and conquered. I think I'll start a Pramatist Political Party. Our campaign would be based on practical solutions to real problems. Then again I don't think anyone would go for that.
You would think an Arab like Obammer would be able to hook it up with free gas but I guess not.
He certainly deserves some credit for increased American oil production, which has lowered our dependence on OPEC (and our prices). He does not deserve any credit for OPEC panicking as American oil production increased and flooding the market with Middle Eastern oil, which, honestly, had as much to do with the price falling off so dramatically as increased American oil and decreased demand did in the first place.

The main reasons for oil prices being so high for so long were, again, OPEC, this time restricting supply to keep prices inflated, Hurricane Katrina putting major offshore drilling platforms out of service for years, and the resulting loss of supply while demand remained static. Again, Obama deserved some of the blame, particularly for not moving aggressively to reduce demand for foreign oil, but a lot of it fell on OPEC again.

Basically, when OPEC thinks they have a stranglehold on the market, they'll product less oil to drive up prices. When the US is replacing demand for OPEC oil with demand for its own, OPEC freaks out and floods the US market with oil to try and drop the price to a point where it's unsustainable for American companies.

Well, not unsustainable, but it might force the CEO to choose between buying that sixth Gulfstream GV or laying off 500 employees, and that GV will always win...

Quote:You would think an Arab like Obammer would be able to hook it up with free gas but I guess not.
cool
I can usually tell how out of the loop someone is on how business or government works when they blame the president for the prices of random items going up or down.
Quote:I can usually tell how out of the loop someone is on how business or government works when they blame the president for the prices of random items going up or down.
THIS! SO MUCH THIS!

The President's actions frequently have something to do with prices fluctuating, but basic economics and, in some cases, the Federal Reserve have so much more to do with it than any professional legislator does.

I would like your post a hundred more times if I could, Dumptruck.
Fox won't mention for fear of o'riling up the base, but gotta hannity it to them, it's palin comparison to that there are soooo many other faults of that " Arab Obammer" that the drop in price is perhaps giving them gas.

Yes, we all know the price of oil isn't controlled by POTUS , yet the blame on the high prices were sure pinned on him.

Pol'tix
Quote:Fox won't mention for fear of o'riling up the base, but gotta hannity it to them, it's palin comparison to that there are soooo many other faults of that " Arab Obammer" that the drop in price is perhaps giving them gas.

Yes, we all know the price of oil isn't controlled by POTUS , yet the blame on the high prices were sure pinned on him.

Pol'tix
well done sir, well done indeed. 
Quote:Lol

most of your posts make me feels the same way!

Quote:jj - you're basically saying, yes it was his fault when they were high but he's got nothing to do with them being low because of "lots-of-jargon"?

If you're not going to take the time to read and respond to what i actually wrote then why would you respond at all?

Quote:Well you see...

funny how you guys are so quick to mock and ridicule people that don't agree with you but no one here has mentioned the pro-oil exploration policy that you want the president to get credit for.  I simply stated the basis for the criticism when prices were high (directly tied to his policy input) and the lack of palm palms now that prices were low (a symptom of general economic malaise across the globe.) if you disagree with me that's your right, but i would kindly ask that you actually articulate that disagreement. 
As gas prices fall and Texans and Dakotans lose jobs, Obama will be blamed for not advancing policies to help prop up oil prices.

Heads I win, tails you lose, Mr. President.

Quote:As gas prices fall and Texans and Dakotans lose jobs, Obama will be blamed for not advancing policies to help prop up oil prices.

Heads I win, tails you lose, Mr. President.
It's literally about the hatred for the left and Obama. This is nothing new and to claim it's anything other than are disingenuous at best. 
Pages: 1 2