Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The good news is that the NFL regular season has begun.  Football withdrawal is over The bad news is that three of the four AFC South teams played far worse than they hoped and begun this season with losses.  Only the loathsome and detestable tacks won last week.  The other good news that accompanies the start of the NFL regular season is the bad picks from last year are long forgotten.  Of course, the bad news that also accompanies the start of the new NFL regular season is more opportunities for bad predictions.

With this in mind....

Houston (0-1)
at Carolina (1-0
)-Even though Carolina pulled out the win against my Jaguars last week, there are still major deficiencies on that roster.  Even though Houston has the biggest deficiency a team can have at QB, and RB is still a problem until Foster can return healthy, unquestionably they have a more complete roster than Carolina and should match up well against them.  I can't see Carolina's offensive line having a chance against Houston's front seven.  Houston wins 24-13.

N.Y. Jets (1-0)
at Indy (0-1)
-The Clots are fresh off a throttling at the hands of Buff[BAD WORD REMOVED].  They will host the Jets on MNF.  The Jets' will pose many of the same matchup problems against a suspect Colts' offensive line.  They have a supremely talented defensive line (though I don't know if they pose quite the pass rush threat Buffalo does_ and an experienced, talented, and deep secondary to matchup against the Clots receivers.  Two differences.  The Clots are at home, and the Jets' offense doesn't pose the same problems against the Clots defense.  Indy wins 27-17.

Tennessee (1-0)
at Cleveland (0-1)
-The Tacks absolutely exploded against Tampa Bay.  Their winning wasn't a surprise.  Winning the way they did was.  Mariota dazzled in his career debut, passing for 4 TDs-0 INTs and a perfect QB rating in crushing the Bucs.  Interesting side note.  If Manziel starts for the Browns (and it is looking more likely it will happen), Mariota (the most recent Heisman trophy winner) will start his career against his immediate two Heisman predecessors in Winston and Manziel.  I say even at this early stage, Mariota is more reliable than Manziel.  Tacks win 23-10.

Miami (1-0)
at Jacksonville (0-1)-Jacksonville lost an eminently winnable game against Carolina.  I still firmly believe my Jaguars are more talented top to bottom than they have been in quite some time.  But they have to develop and mature quickly in order for that to manifest itself in the W-L column.  Sunday, they go against a Fish team that could easily be in playoff contention come mid to late December.  They have a strong front four that can really get after the QB.  They have good young receiving targets in Jarvis Landry and TE Jordan Cameron for  Ryan Tannehill.  The Jaguars should get some help with the possible return of Senderrick Marks and WR Marqise Lee, but I don't see this as a good matchup for the Jaguars, even though we played well against them last year.  Miami wins 24-14.

Last week: 2-2

Overall:  2-2

Houston (0-1)
at Carolina (1-0
) - Carolina is coming home and while they do not have a complete roster, I will say that it is good enough to win you a few games. I am old school enough to not want to put any trust into a Quarterback change. To put it simply, I think Houston is in trouble. I'll take Cam and his drive extending ways for the Carolina win.

N.Y. Jets (1-0)
at Indy (0-1)
- What is it that we witnessed from Indianapolis? Is that a systemic thing or simply getting caught blindsided by a revved up Buffalo squad? I'm thinking it was a blip, but let's keep an eye on it. Also, I can't even tell you who the NYJ Quarterback is. Gimme Luck and crew to pull out the Indianapolis win.

Tennessee (1-0)
at Cleveland (0-1)
- I really don't want to think about this. Tennessee can't be that good, they just can't be, right?!?! I'm probably wrong here, but I'm going with Cleveland to pull out a win at home.

Miami (1-0)
at Jacksonville (0-1) - While I do think that the Jacksonville Offense will show more than they did last Sunday, I don't think it will be enough to overcome the Miami Defense. I feel like the Hit Squad will fare well against the Miami Offense, but it won't be enough. Write me down for Miami to win.

Last week: 1 - 3

Overall:  1 - 3

Last Week: 2-2

Overall: 2-2

This week's Picks:

CAROLINA over Houston

INDY over Jets

TENNESSEE over Cleveland

MIAMI over Jax
Houston (0-1) at Carolina (1-0) - Houston: my gut tells me Carolina, but that team was a mess before they played us and an even bigger mess this week with key injuries. I think the defense wins Houston this game.

N.Y. Jets (1-0) at Indy (0-1) - Jets: I think Buffalo showed the NFL what the Colts really are...A middle of the road team with a great QB. I like how the Jets played last week.

Tennessee (1-0) at Cleveland (0-1) - tacks: i don't necessarily believe the hype and expect this to be a close one. Cleveland just has way too many issues.

Miami (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1) - Miami: While I do think that the Jacksonville will play angry and be more successful this week, it just won't be a good matchup in terms of teams talent, strength, and weaknesses. I think this one gets away early and we can't recover.

Last week: 3-1

Overall: 3-1

Quote:Houston (0-1) at Carolina (1-0) - Houston: my gut tells me Carolina, but that team was a mess before they played us and an even bigger mess this week with key injuries. I think the defense wins Houston this game.

N.Y. Jets (1-0) at Indy (0-1) - Jets: I think Buffalo showed the NFL what the Colts really are...A middle of the road team with a great QB. I like how the Jets played last week.

Tennessee (1-0) at Cleveland (0-1) - tacks: i don't necessarily believe the hype and expect this to be a close one. Cleveland just has way too many issues.

Miami (1-0) at Jacksonville (0-1) - Miami: While I do think that the Jacksonville will play angry and be more successful this week, it just won't be a good matchup in terms of teams talent, strength, and weaknesses. I think this one gets away early and we can't recover.

Last week: 3-4

Overall: 3-4
How did you pick seven division games last week?
Last week: 1-3

Overall: 1-3

Panthers over Texans

Titans over Browns

Dolphins over Jags

Colts over Jets

Panthers over Houston

Tacks beat Browns

Jags take it against Miami

Colts defeat the Jets

Last week: 1-3

Season: 1-3

Carolina over Houston

Ryan Mallett.  Really?  I think Carolina's Defense handles the Texans quite well, and eeks out a win.

Tennessee over Cleveland

Yeah, the Browns are terrible.

<b>Miami over Jacksonville</b>

Unless Bortles really steps up (and I don't think he will), I don't forsee myself picking the Jags more than maybe once this year.

<b>Indianapolis over New York</b>

Still wont' make too many picks against Andrew Luck.  Especially not against the Jets (who are on the rise, but still have a ways to go)

2-2 last week

2-2 overall

Carolina

Indy

Tacks

Jacksonville
2-2

Carolina

Indy

Tenn

Miami
Houston over Carolina

Indy over Jets (easy)

Cleveland over Tenn ( Home advantage)

Jags upset Miami (Team knows it's a must win or 0-4 likely)

Last week 0-4

Season 0-4

Panthers defeat Texans
Colts defeat Jets
Browns defeat Titans (I don't feel that the titans are for real.... but browns suck so I went with home team)
Dolphins defeat Jaguars (I'll be rooting for the Jags the whole time, but teal goggles are in my junk draw, they seem broken)

Last week 2-2

Season 2-2
Quote:How did you pick seven division games last week?
Good catch...I was thinking 3 out of 4 while typing!
Last Week 2-2

Season 2-2

Projected winners:

Carolina

Indianapolis

Tennessee

Miami
Last Week 0-0

Season 0-0

Projected winners;

Carolina

Indianapolis 

Cleveland

Jaguars

Texans- they have a great defense

Colts- its the colts they hardly lose

Titians-  better team then people think

Dophins- Jags have seconed worst HC in nfl history.  gus = losers hes overly  postive,never gets on the players.

I was 2-2 last week . 

overall  2-2.

Panthers over Texans

Colts over Jets

Titans over Browns

Jags over Miami

Panthers over Texans

Colts over Jets

Titans over Browns - This game could go either way, and I almost picked the Browns until it was announced that Manziel is starting.

Dolphins over Jaguars

Last Week 1-3

Season 1-3

Quote: 

<div>

N.Y. Jets (1-0)
at Indy (0-1)
- What is it that we witnessed from Indianapolis? Is that a systemic thing or simply getting caught blindsided by a revved up Buffalo squad? I'm thinking it was a blip, but let's keep an eye on it. Also, I can't even tell you who the NYJ Quarterback is. Gimme Luck and crew to pull out the Indianapolis win.

Last week: 1 - 3

Overall:  1 - 3

</div>
That would be Ryan Fitzpatrick.
I actually think the Jets will embarrass the Colts. Look at their defense and that defensive line. On top of that, Marshall and Ivory are really good play-makers and that's something the Colts should worry about. They couldn't stop Tyrod Taylor or McCoy and the Jets have arguably a stronger offense.

Edit: Knew it.

Pages: 1 2 3