Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags top Dolphins Stats 1st week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

raweyejag

It is only one week of NFL stats but looking for any positive even though they have more Veterans than us. Obviously we have to limit turnovers

Jags Defense

6th Overall Defense Total Yards allowed 263( 2014 Last Year Ave Per Game 370.8)

3rd Pass Defense Total Yards allowed 158(LYAPG 243.7)

20th Rushing Defense Total Yards allowed 105(LYAPG 127.1)

Miami Offense

28th Overall OTY  gained 256

24th Pass OTY gained 182

24th Rush OTY gained 74

Jags SHOULD defend well against the pass and on rushing evenly matched

Jags Offense

26th  Overall OTY gained 265(2014 LYAPG 289.6)

28th Pass OTY gained 169(LYAPG 187.6)

18th Rush OTY gained 96(LYAPG 102.1)

Miami Defense

19th  Overall DTY allowed 349

12th Pass DTY allowed 188

30th Rush DTY allowed 161

Jags Offense SHOULD be able to run on Miami and Pass match up even

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_...on/defense

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total     offense

I dont understand how people could be so down on our CBs, they did a good job. House gave up a few underneath passes to Ginn but thats it. I was impressed with the pass defense.
Stats are fine and dandy.  The real question is, who was each team playing?  After all, Tennessee has good stats from week 1, are they a good football team?

Quote:I dont understand how people could be so down on our CBs, they did a good job. House gave up a few underneath passes to Ginn but thats it. I was impressed with the pass defense.

Their WRs were hot garbage. I would hope we would do well against them. Miami's WRs are a little better, but still not world beaters. I would expect our DBs to hold their own against them
Quote:Stats are fine and dandy.  The real question is, who was each team playing?  After all, Tennessee has good stats from week 1, are they a good football team?
At this time, they look a heck of a lot better than we presently do...

raweyejag

Dolphins played Washington we played Panthers. Last year those two teams about same. Can't say much about how team will turn out. It is just week one stats and I thought Miami would have better stats

All it is are tendencies and both teams could play better or worse than they did last week. It is what it is and all it can be.

JDR would've won us a super-bowl if Gene wasn't drafting.

raweyejag

Quote:At this time, they look a heck of a lot better than we presently do...
We will see how MM and the Titans continue doing when teams have real tape to scheme on them. Analysis of game against Bucs Defense  by past GM's and QB's say not so fast with praise.

They do think he got the ball out quicker than they thought he would and his ability to read defense was good but they did comment it was the Bucs.

Quote:Their WRs were hot garbage. I would hope we would do well against them. Miami's WRs are a little better, but still not world beaters. I would expect our DBs to hold their own against them

Which is why im not expecting too much, but it sure is nice not getting destroyed by a no name WR for once
Quote:JDR would've won us a super-bowl if Gene wasn't drafting.

JDR was and is not a good coach. The raiders also lost Sunday btw.
Quote:JDR was and is not a good coach. The raiders also lost Sunday btw.
JDR is a great coach. Shutup.

raweyejag

Quote:JDR was and is not a good coach. The raiders also lost Sunday btw.
JDR is average HC good DC

I've always been of the opinion that JDR was generally a great head coach, and probably would have won us a championship by now; if only Shaq Harris and Gene Smith hadn't put him in such a tough situation...

How much is he paying you?
Jack Del Rio is a good coach, .489% winning and half of his time here the Jaguars finished 2nd in the AFC South (at a time when the Colts had Peyton Manning).

He lacked the talent on his team due to a bad General Manager.

He isn't a great coach, he's a good coach (an average coach).  Sadly based solely on the current results Gus Bradley is a bad coach (below average), .212% winning and 3rd in the AFC South (in a very weak div for the last few years).

Most of the media has tons of respect for Gus, and they kept predicting tons of wins for him his first couple of years.  Sadly they are no longer doing that this season.  That is a bad sign for us fans.

I still think that Gus can turn things around for this team.  He is a smart guy, and a good coach (a players coach) but this is a results based league.

I always supported Coughlin, JDR, and Gus Bradley (Mularkey was a joke and I never supported him). 

I think Gus will have the Jags ready for Miami and it will be a much different game.  Once this team gets Thomas, Marks, and Lee back it will be even better than what we have witnessed.

This  is a key point in Gus Bradley's career he will either do as I hope (predict) and that is win against Miami and a majority of this four week road stretch, or he could possibly go 0-6.  If the team goes 0-6, I'll have lost all faith in Gus as a HC, but I dont think I'll have to worry about that.

Go Jags!

Quote:I've always been of the opinion that JDR was generally a great head coach, and probably would have won us a championship by now; if only Shaq Harris and Gene Smith hadn't put him in such a tough situation...

JDR played a big role in making roster decisions as well. IIRC he was 1/3 of a 3 man brain trust when it came to the draft and free agency.
Quote:Their WRs were hot garbage. I would hope we would do well against them. Miami's WRs are a little better, but still not world beaters. I would expect our DBs to hold their own against them

This