Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I Believe That We Will Win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags 27  Phins 20

Yes, the person that does not own a set of teal glasses and has predicted a 5-11 season during the preseason is predicting an upset.

Why?

1) I think the atmosphere in the locker room will resemble a "must win" feeling.

2) Desperation - This will lead to increased defensive intensity and a offense that will include Bortles running for at lease 3 first downs.  Look for some misdirection plays as well to continue to run the ball but keep the Dolphins DLine off balance.

3) Dolphins are playing back to back road games.

4) Ignoring the TE position was idiotic --- Lesson Learned.

No, I would not bet someone straight up on my prediction.  I rarely go with a gut feel but for some reason, I think the stars are aligning for a win this week.

No !!   I didn't start drinking at 8am today either in anticipation of the Debate tonight !!!   :woot: 

GO JAGS !!

In response to your reason #1:

I think you can tell a tangible difference in the way the locker room is after this loss compared to losses last year. Gus' tone in his presser was much less "sunshine and rainbows" than they were last year and players have even said they're mad and expect to win.

To me, this is the time Gus switches from happy, best friend coach back to the "do your job!" coach. Still confident we'll see a real difference this year on that front.
It looks like the current betting lines have the Jags roughly around -6.5, however I always find this early in the season that the lines can be way off due to the earliness of the season.

Quote:It looks like the current betting lines have the Jags roughly around -6.5, however I always find this early in the season that the lines can be way off due to the earliness of the season.
Check your signs brah. We are +6.5.
Quote:In response to your reason #1:

I think you can tell a tangible difference in the way the locker room is after this loss compared to losses last year. Gus' tone in his presser was much less "sunshine and rainbows" than they were last year and players have even said they're mad and expect to win.

To me, this is the time Gus switches from happy, best friend coach back to the "do your job!" coach. Still confident we'll see a real difference this year on that front.

Definitely !!   .... and that was pretty much the rationale I used as well in thinking we had a real chance to beat the Dolphins.
Hats off to ya.

I didn't share your optimism.

I raise a glass of frothy grog to you.