Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: News and notes about the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As most of you probably noticed, I was away from the board much longer than usual. That means I am way behind and need to catch up on what has been happening in Jacksonville (besides losing to Carolina).

First of all, I noticed we have a kicker who never played in the NFL before. If he did, I would have known about him last year. Did we pick up Casey Myers as an undrafted rookie in the offseason? How did he get the job?

Secondly, Sen'Derrick Marks is off the PUP list. This surprised me. I thought he would have to spend half the year on it. When does Gus Bradley expect to get him back?

Then there is this guy named Ambrister. I had never heard of him either. Do you think he will be good for us or just a perennial backup?

What else have the Jaguars been doing since signing their draft picks?

J-Dub in the house. Apparently everyone is a bust and all the staff needs firing. pretty much same stuff different season. Welcome back.

We hate everyone.

Until we pull off a miraculous upset Sunday and everyone thinks we're Super Bowl bound.

Same stuff as what? New players, new coaches, new schemes. We are not even similar to last year's Jaguars.

Quote:Same stuff as what? New players, new coaches, new schemes. We are not even similar to last year's Jaguars.

Welcome back JW!!  :-)

You'll be surprised how similar this team looks compared to last season...  Of course it's just one game...  But man, it was exactly like last year...

The D kept us in it.  The offense was OK in the first half, and then attrocious in the 2nd half.  We stopped running the ball, we didn't throw to our TEs at all...  And we started running bubble screens.  Oh and BB5 threw a pick 6...

So yeah, we are pretty similar to last years team.  What was different is our expectations this year was that we would be alot better than last year's Jaguars.  Week 1 showed we were basically the same.  Good D, Pathetic Offense.

Maybe this Sunday against the Dolphins will be different...

But, to add insult to injury, we may be starting Sam Young at LT, because it looks like Luke Joeckel has an ankle sprain that may keep him out this week.
Armbrister will be our starting QB by the bye week. 

Bortles said in his most recent interview that he doesn't try anymore cause the receivers don't, and he is thinking about partying with Blackmon.

Gus Bradley said he flicks someone's eyeball every time they make a bad play, but usually has to stop by the 2nd quarter because his arm gets tired.

Allen Robinson admitted to being "extremely high" during the preseason and week 1, and he hopes sobering will help him catch the ball better.

I thought Ambrister played on defense. Who is really the backup quarterback?

everyones favorite qb is the back up. chad henne :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote:I thought Ambrister played on defense. Who is really the backup quarterback?

Lucious St. Valentine
 some people here expect the jags to over preform,and beat teams who are playoff teams,or just missed the playoffs.    panthers make playoffs 2 years in a row,  Dolphins just missed it by 1 game last year,and got suh,  pats are super bowl champs,colts are a playoff team as well. people go into those games expecting the impossbille us winning. We are no were near that good yet. 

Quote:As most of you probably noticed, I was away from the board much longer than usual. That means I am way behind and need to catch up on what has been happening in Jacksonville (besides losing to Carolina).

1)
First of all, I noticed we have a kicker who never played in the NFL before. If he did, I would have known about him last year. Did we pick up Casey Myers as an undrafted rookie in the offseason? How did he get the job?

2)
Secondly, Sen'Derrick Marks is off the PUP list. This surprised me. I thought he would have to spend half the year on it. When does Gus Bradley expect to get him back?

3)
Then there is this guy named Ambrister. I had never heard of him either. Do you think he will be good for us or just a perennial backup?

4)

Welcome back.

1) JASON Myers. He was a mediocre college PK but supposedly improved a lot at PK camp. He has a very strong leg, and looked accurate in preseason (as accurate as Scobee anyway), so Scobee was traded for a 6th round pick.

2) I was surprised too. Supposedly he'll start practicing tomorrow.

3) LB with a cool name. He's a backup, and ST'er. Will he turn out to be any good. The Jags will probably let him go before he does, ala Brandon Marshall, LB Denver.

4) Bortles totally revamped his game and looked like an elite QB. That lasted until he played in a real game Sunday. Allen Robinson apparently forgot how to catch. Poz was the star of the game Sunday. McCray is in Bradley's doghouse. Parnell looks like a great pickup. Corey Grant is really really fast. Marqise Lee has a hammy (OK, that's nothing new). Those are the highlights.

Quote:I thought Ambrister played on defense. Who is really the backup quarterback?
Look at the first three letters of Armbrister's last name. That isn't allowed in football unless you are a QB.
What? We traded Scobee? I read months ago he was a pending free agent.

I knew Parnall has to be better than anyone we have had at right tackle in recent years.

Quote:What? We traded Scobee? I read months ago he was a pending free agent.

I knew Parnall has to be better than anyone we have had at right tackle in recent years.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/9/1/92...hing-to-do
Quote:J-Dub in the house. Apparently everyone is a bust and all the staff needs firing. pretty much same stuff different season. Welcome back.
Just like the Jaguars level of play
We need to get TEBOW for back-up QB and Armbrister had some good play in preseason and we signed some good return men and fast guys in Carter and Pierce. Myers is a kicker we signed so we didn't pay Scobee big money but dude has missed 2 kicks already. The WRs are dropping passes trying to catch with their shoulder pads. Toby didn't play but maybe he will against Miami and Denard didn't get as much playing time as he should have. We might play 2 TE so 1 can help block leftside. ETC... 

Welcome back MJF. Did you vacate out of earth? Were you without interweb access?
Quote:Same stuff as what? New players, new coaches, new schemes. We are not even similar to last year's Jaguars.

We are EXACTLY like last years Jaguars, 0-1 after the first game, and if they don't find some "magic fairy dust" to help them win against the Dolphins, they will be even more EXACTLY like last year at 0-4 after 4 games.
Quote:A

Did we pick up Casey Myers as an undrafted rookie in the offseason? How did he get the job?

...Yes. He got the job by kicking well and being $3 million cheaper than Scobee.

...No firm timeline as yet, but soon, or they would have kept him on PUP.

...too soon to tell, as he was a priority free agent for U of Miami with some developmental potential.

...practicing football.
Quote:Welcome back MJF. Did you vacate out of earth? Were you without interweb access?

I take a board hiatus every year. It was just longer than usual.

Quote:We are EXACTLY like last years Jaguars, 0-1 after the first game, and if they don't find some "magic fairy dust" to help them win against the Dolphins, they will be even more EXACTLY like last year at 0-4 after 4 games.

You obviously have a reading problem. I said NEW COACHES and NEW PLAYERS. Those are proven facts. So are changes to the depth charts. So there is no reason to think we are exactly the same team now knowing we made MANY changes in the offseason.
Pages: 1 2