Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Its time to move forward week 2 is here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course we are all pissed about that Panther game, but as bad as we played we still should have won .. A made field goal here, a catch ball, or no turnovers easily could have swung the game in our favor..

In watching the game u can see the consistent improvement the team has made.. Yeah there were a lot of mistakes that cost us, but this team didnt lose by 50 this team lost because they beat themselves..

This next game will tell us if Gus is the coach for this team or if it is time to move on. He has to be able to correct the mental mistakes this team is making and make the proper adjustments..

Lets correct these mistakes and go out there and beat Miami! Go jags!
If we can put on a better performance in all areas of the game we stand a chance against Miami. But it'll require WR not dropping balls, the secondary nto leaving guys wide open, the defensive line creating pressure, the kicker making extra points......

I'm hoping for a win certainly not expecting one based on what we saw last week. Hopefully that was just some week 1 gitters or something.

We know they can't play perfect but I agree they have improved, the talent on the field is noticeably better, and will only improve as we get some key pieces back over the next few weeks.  I think if they can clean up some of the mistakes they can still show this season.  Hoping by seasons end we can look back at an offense that avgs 20 ppg.

As far as Miami, I was pretty unimpressed with the way that they played vs WAS.  That being said, they're a better team than CAR so we'll have to see the aforementioned improvement to have a shot.

It's Bortles and tge WR s this week. I hope last week was nerves. No excuses this week. Kill the fins!
It's all about the offense and the OC putting the team in position to execute. We cannot afford to play timid. Dink and dunk isn't gonna cut it.
Quote:It's all about the offense and the OC putting the team in position to execute. We cannot afford to play timid. Dink and dunk isn't gonna cut it.
Yeah i agree we have to establish the run and stick with it this time .. Yeldon was looking good then we stop running..
Still waiting for the offense to turn the corner. We're still mired at one nice drive per game. Anything beyond that is a mess full of dropped passes, penalties, fumbles, pick 6's, you name it.

Well, I'm not a huge Profootballtalk fan but there's this.

"Think back to last year. The Patriots got blown out by the Dolphins in Week One. The Titans blew out the Chiefs in Week One. If you were a member of the Week One Overreactors Society, you never would have guessed that the Patriots would win the Super Bowl and the Titans would go 2-14."

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-week-one/
I hope and pray that Mariota is at least a regular QB early, not the Unitas-Brady scary shaterring QBR scale thingy we saw Sunday evening. Perfection wasn't even good enough to describe the young signal caller.

I won't be able to take him and Luck for years, at this rate. Get back down to Earth quickly son. titans looking as insanely good as they did in preseason, just nauseating. I sense a trend. Kill me now, and move this input to the AFC South parts if you may.