Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars have nearly doubled in value since Khan purchased the team in 2011.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although the Jacksonville Jaguars aren't at the top of the list when it comes to value, their worth is rising, according to the latest Forbes ranking of NFL teams.
The Jaguars are worth $1.4 billion, according to Forbes, which puts the team at No. 27, between the Tennessee Titans and the St. Louis Rams. The team is on the upswing, however: Their year-over-year change is 53 percent – mostly due to investments from owner Shad Khan.

<div>The Forbes attributes the team's ranking near the bottom of the 32 NFL teams to the usual suspects: namely, a poor win-loss record and Jacksonville's "small corporate base." The season ticket renewal rate is also lower than most, falling at about 83 percent.

The growth in the team's value, however, is due to Khan investing more than $100 million in the team since he purchased it in 2012, including contributing $20 million for the $63 million mega-scoreboards which debuted last year. The Jaguars owner also announced he would be spending his own money on a new practice facility on the grounds of EverBank Field
</div>

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/...study.html

Something something London

Imagine spending 760 million and it becomes 1.4 billion four years later.

God bless the NFL.
Quote:Something something London
blah blah LA, something else fire people
Quote:Imagine spending 760 million and it becomes 1.4 billion four years later.

God bless the NFL.

Now to just scrape together $760 million...
And tripled in losses.

Thats pretty awesome. Hoping it keeps on going.

Quote:Imagine spending 760 million and it becomes 1.4 billion four years later.

God bless the NFL.

Imagine what it's worth if he (Tony) hold on to it for 30 years...
Quote:Something something London

I have to admit that's funny right there...
Quote:Imagine what it's worth if he (Tony) hold on to it for 30 years...

Thats why he is always smiling
Have the Jags published possible locations for the IPF? I know its gotta be close to Everbank, but where exactly
Quote:Have the Jags published possible locations for the IPF? I know its gotta be close to Everbank, but where exactly

Pretty sure it is south of the stadium where the Pepsi plaza is.
Quote:Imagine what it's worth if he (Tony) hold on to it for 30 years...

Ugh PLEASE don't let Tony own this team. He's got that Jed York vibe....
Wait.  Didn't we have an article out recently that indicated Khan is a business man, and he's not going to take losing money for much longer before relocating the team to St. Louis, or was it San Diego, or was it LA?  I can't recall. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">When Shad Khan bought the team it was worth 770 million and in 3 years its now it's worth 1.48 billion dollars and is ranked 27th overall out of nfl franchises. We made progress as a franchise and with this man as the owner our future as a city and franchise is truly bright. Its so funny how the naysayers say that this team would have to relocate to another market for the value of the franchise to rise. lol. 
I think Weaver and partners paid about 140M 20 years ago.

Quote:Now to just scrape together $760 million...
That should take just a couple years to make. Just get a job at a car bumper factory and you're good to go.