Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shatley, interior Olineman, re-signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like Oline is certainly the early-off-season focus.

Glad to have him back, seems like a hard working, team-first guy. I thought he played well given the circumstances when he had to step in last year.

Not a ground-breaking move, but I'm happy for the kid.

(Still feels odd as I'm getting older to actually be able to refer to these guys as 'kids', especially as a dude who weighs in at a buck thirty, to say about a 300+ fella. But that's life and time I guess, I remember when college players seemed old to me, sigh)
It's a good move. Keeping Wells and Shatley maintains depth, starting experience and most importantly, familiarity and continuity. Classic Coughlin. Can't wait to see what he does when the market opens up. He loves to build through the trenches.

With Thomas being traded. And with Odrick being cut. It's possible Coughlin will make a b-line now for JPP as soon as he's able to. And then I'd probably say he'll look at Lang, Zeitler, Walford & Leary to add onto the interior line to start. 

Hopefully, between the draft, free agency and UDFA, we can replace him and Wells with much more reliable guys who can actually run block.

Not a terrible move. Young kid with interior line versatility. From what I remember there wasn't a huge drop when he came in to play.
He's a guy it seems is talked about a lot as a talented young player but hasn't really got a full shot starting. Kind of like Abry Jones before his broke out this year. I'd like to see Shatley go for guard this year
Quote:Not a terrible move. Young kid with interior line versatility. From what I remember there wasn't a huge drop when he came in to play.

Shatley surprised me when he filled in for Linder. I thought there surely would be problems with a guy making his first appearance at center.
Champioooonnnnsshhhiiippppp
So Funny, But knew it was coming

I'm not sure why he hasn't been starting the last two years.

The guy i really wanted them to resign is Omameh.  Maybe the injury is worse than we thought?

Game day active versatility at both backup center and guard spots.  Minimal salary....good signing.

Nothing saying they won't later.

Quote:The guy i really wanted them to resign is Omameh. Maybe the injury is worse than we thought?
Quote:Nothing saying they won't later.

yeah, I just figured he would of been first
Quote:I'm not sure why he hasn't been starting the last two years.

He was not ready to start the last two years.
Eh... dude's a total scrub.

Omameh definitely should have been resigned first, but maybe he is receiving more lucrative contract options. 

Quote:Eh... dude's a total scrub.

there he go again, talkin dat shatley
Quote:Omameh definitely should have been resigned first, but maybe he is receiving more lucrative contract options. 

I agree with this. I thought he did well on short order last year. At the minimum I'd like to see him here when OTA's and TC starts. 
Quote:He was not ready to start the last two years.

Judging by how he played last year he absolutely was ready to play.  The year before is a bit of a question but with that said I'm sure playing experience would have helped him tremendously.
Quote:I agree with this. I thought he did well on short order last year. At the minimum I'd like to see him here when OTA's and TC starts. 

I was impressed with Omameh in Week 4 because he was suddenly pressed into service at LG and opened huge holes for RBs  I know the Colts have a bad defensive line, but anytime you see that from a newbie it is a big deal to me.
Pages: 1 2