Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An early look forward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That secondary in Miami is pretty active, they are adept at forcing turnovers and making those grabs.  We know all too well.  McCain and Grimes, a well aged savvy duo at CB.  

However, the D got steadily gashed by Alfred Morris yesterday.  He's a good back but they looked particularly poor handling the ground game.  Nothing flashy, but he was getting like 5 yards a pop.  Not sure about #s but they seem as bad a rush D as there is, likely bottom 3 right now. 

Do we give em a HEALTHY FUNCTIONAL dose of the run

Or force our young developing mistake prone QB to throw it all over the place?

Seems obvious, but...
If they are vulnerable to the run, we pass. It's that simple.
I don't see how they're vulnerable to the run with Wake and Suh. We'll gameplan to run it after watching film, and they'll make sure they're on top of shutting down the run. And they will. #BecauseJaguars

Just checked stats, second to last on rush D, before MNF, 161 yards.  Ouch.  Can we capitalize?

If we have success running the ball early we'll probably stop and pass the ball for the rest of the game. What are you trying to do win the game?
Quote:Just checked stats, second to last on rush D, before MNF, 161 yards. Ouch. Can we capitalize?

Hopefully we don't abandon the run again.
This could be the Homer in me but I have a feeling The offense will click more this Sunday. I think they know what they did wrong yesterday and they will fix it.

I do not think our team is as bad as a lot of people think.If you watch the game yesterday  we made little mistakes that cost us the game. If they clean those mistakes up this team will be very good.I expect the offense to look night and day different from what we showed in the opener.