Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My Prediction Week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are going up against Miami. They seem to have a formidable Defense, but their offense if far from Elite (from a scoring standpoint).

Here is what I think will happen:

Blake Bortles: 16/29 for 226yards and 2 TDS as well as 1INT and 1Fumble

T.J Yeldon has a 100 yard game (rushing and receiving combined). He will get 1 rushing TD and 1 receiving TD

Defense will get at least 3 sacks and at least 2 turnovers.

Myers will also kick one FG, and miss 1 extra point again

Jaguars 23, Dolphins 20

I expect dolphins to score 2 rushing TDs as well as 2 FGS, no missed kicks

Dolphins Defense will force 2 - 3 turnovers and have 4 sacks

Lamar Miller will rush for 87 yards and 1TDS on 25 attempts as well as 50+ receiving yards

Ryan Tannehill will pass for more than 300yards, but will have no TD passes, 1 rushing TD, and one turnover

Fins 27- jags 13
Quote:Fins 27- jags 13

The Dolphins went up against a team in week one that IMO (and maybe many opinions) has a worse offesne and definitely a worse defense than the Carolina Panthers that we faced.

However, the Dolphins offense was only able to put up 10 points (the other 7 came from special teams).....may I ask why you think they will put up 27 points on us?

i.e. pick 6's, etc?
I expect INTs to be thrown by Bortles maybe a pick 6, defense will get so worn Miami will easily drive. Miami isn't as bad on offense as Carolina.
I was referring to the team Miami faced last week (Washington Redskins) was far worse than the team we faced.....and yet they only managed 10 points on offense and 17 points total.....
Quote:I was referring to the team Miami faced last week (Washington Redskins) was far worse than the team we faced.....and yet they only managed 10 points on offense and 17 points total.....

You mean the same Redskins team that destroyed the Jags 41-10 last year?
I'm not confident that anything will change going against Miami. However, there was glimpses of positivity in week 1. I think it might be a low scoring game. I'll say Miami 13 / Jags 9. I didn't see anything week 1 that says we can beat Miami. However, I'm hoping I'm completely wrong and we just didn't show up at all.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:You mean the same Redskins team that destroyed the Jags 41-10 last year?

No, he means this year Redskins, the one in shambles, with unpredictable QB play, former starter now turned safety, mistake prone, aged defense Redskins.
You have a lot of faith in the Jags to score that much. Especially after yesterdays pathetic offense... 

Until they prove me wrong, I'm going to predict a loss every time. 

Quote:No, he means this year Redskins, the one in shambles, with unpredictable QB play, former starter now turned safety, mistake prone, aged defense Redskins.

The same QB who led them in destroying us..
I think we will play better but not good enough to win

Myers has a chance to tie to bring the game into OT but he misses a 45yd FG

Fins 24

Jags 21

Oh Mondays on the Jaguars message board.
I'm afraid that after season after season of viewing poor performance, I have no confidence that this Jag team will have a chance at a victory until they play the bucs, and only then maybe. I see us going 0-4 until we might get a win.

Fins 31

Jags 10

Bortles 17 for 31 194 yards 0td and 2picks

Yeldon 93 yards rushing

Robinson 3 catches for 39 yards

Clemons 1sack
Quote:Fins 31

Jags 10

Bortles 17 for 31 194 yards 0td and 2picks

Yeldon 93 yards rushing

Robinson 3 catches for 39 yards

Clemons 1sack

+1
I think they fight hard, but ultimately lose... AGAIN.

Close game until the beginning of the fourth quarter when Tannehill hits Jarvis Landry on a deep post that beats House and Brown that puts the Dolphins up 27-13 and Jax can't come back.
We can pretty much assume we lose. That's about all that needs to be said.

I don't see the Jags offense being agressive enough to overcome the Dolphins D. 27-10 Fins
Quote:The Dolphins went up against a team in week one that IMO (and maybe many opinions) has a worse offesne and definitely a worse defense than the Carolina Panthers that we faced.

However, the Dolphins offense was only able to put up 10 points (the other 7 came from special teams).....may I ask why you think they will put up 27 points on us?

i.e. pick 6's, etc?

Did you see Miami CB Brandon Grimes at the 2nd QTR 12:13/12 he jumps the route like Bortles had done against Carolina for a pick six (but he was way faster) and then McCain's jump up INT.  I think Miami's corners are better than the Panthers however the TE Reed from washington had a favorable matchup that TE Lewis & Harbor could exploit if Olsen utlizes them better in this game.

The interior is a bit weak, in fact the LT & LG got pushed thru on the fumble in that game so Chris Smith or Clemons might be able to simply power thru (huge if Marks is healthy enough to play and exploit that).

On offense the J. Landry returned the punt for a td and had 8 recs for 53 yards is fast, I think House will cover him a majority of the time and Gratz will be on Cameron (depending on the Cover 3 zone which ever receiver lines up on their side).

The Redskins are a worse team than the Jaguars and Miami struggled so I expect the Jaguars pull off a win in this game (plus two loses is way too much stress for Gus, as Miami is coming off of a high from a win).
Wasn't correct on stats but Wow check out that score prediction. 23-20 Jags win it
Pages: 1 2