Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Julius Thomas update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He hasn't talked to him or with the trainers to see his condition. The target date was Week 4 against the Colts, and a minor surgery like that doesn't take longer than 5 weeks. I highly doubt he'll sit out past Week 4.
It just says nobody has told Gus a timeline.

It really dont matter. Thomas aint gonna fix this crap
The target for return hasn't changed.  This is just more of that quality sports reporting where headlines don't match up with content.

Quote:It just says nobody has told Gus a timeline.

It really dont matter. Thomas aint gonna fix this crap
He's only the highest paid TE and our biggest FA signing. It is a huge deal that he isn't on the field.
Quote:He's only the highest paid TE and our biggest FA signing. It is a huge deal that he isn't on the field.

I agree.

But he wont fix this crap.
What has me wondering.  In the article posted, Marcedes Lewis wasn't targeted at all and the only tight end targeted was Nic Jacobs.  What happened to Clay Harbor?

Quote:I agree.

He won't fix anything if the play calling puts an embargo on utilizing the Tight End or the running game.  If Olson loosens up and starts to trust his rushing attack, and going vertical with the passing attack, Thomas' return will hopefully make that a more effective turnaround.
Quote:I agree.

You want a better offense and play-makers? Then yes, he'll fix this crap. We lost the first game, there are 15 more to go and there's no reason to give up hope. We should throw in the towel if we're still terrible at the bye week, and after all our players are back.
Quote:What has me wondering.  In the article posted, Marcedes Lewis wasn't targeted at all and the only tight end targeted was Nic Jacobs.  What happened to Clay Harbor?

I haven't gone back to watch it again, but wasn't Harbor the target on that 2nd interception?
I just find it odd that Gus hasn't discussed it with the trainers? He is a big part of what was expected to be the big piece to our offensive puzzle. I was more 'Oh boy-ing'' The fact that it seems no one knows. 

Quote:I haven't gone back to watch it again, but wasn't Harbor the target on that 2nd interception?

I don't remember to be honest, and I made the fatal mistake of not setting the DVR before I left yesterday.   Wallbash
Going with a more balanced attacked will make some difference. Get the WRs, RB, and TEs all involved. Not just call 4 yard out routes and runs up the middle.
Quote:I just find it odd that Gus hasn't discussed it with the trainers? He is a big part of what was expected to be the big piece to our offensive puzzle. I was more 'Oh boy-ing'' The fact that it seems no one knows. 

Do you really think "no one knows"?
Quote:I just find it odd that Gus hasn't discussed it with the trainers? He is a big part of what was expected to be the big piece to our offensive puzzle. I was more 'Oh boy-ing'' The fact that it seems no one knows. 
It's possible he doesn't talk to the trainers about injuries until later in the day on Monday so that they have a chance to evaluate all of the injured players and provide an in depth assessment on each player.  Don't read too much into that.

Quote:I don't remember to be honest, and I made the fatal mistake of not setting the DVR before I left yesterday.   Wallbash

That wasn't a mistake. That was divine intervention. You don't want to watch that game again.

raweyejag

GB can only work with players that are available. When JT closer to playing he will be talking to trainers Pretty simple stuff
Disappointing... I bet at the end of the day, the Jags benefitted more from the Torry Holt FA acquisition than Julius Thomas.

Throw JT in the same pile as Jerry Porter, Aaron Ross, Aaron Kampman, etc.

My Denver friend told me this would happen. So far he is dead on.

I need to get lottery numbers from him I guess
Quote:Disappointing... I bet at the end of the day, the Jags benefitted more from the Torry Holt FA acquisition than Julius Thomas.

Throw JT in the same pile as Jerry Porter, Aaron Ross, Aaron Kampman, etc.

Lolz
Pages: 1 2