Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lawmakers to Request Probe of $418M Arms Sale to Kenya on Obama’s Last Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lawmakers to Request Probe of $418M Arms Sale to Kenya on Obama’s Last Day

A group of lawmakers is planning to request a congressional investigation of a $418 million U.S. weapons sale to Kenya approved by the Obama administration on its last day in office.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-last-day/
The liberal spin on this should be pretty interesting if it's true.  I've had the experience of working on stuff built by L3 (although it's a subsidiary), and to say that the quality is lacking is actually a nice way to put it.

Quote:The liberal spin on this should be pretty interesting if it's true. I've had the experience of working on stuff built by L3 (although it's a subsidiary), and to say that the quality is lacking is actually a nice way to put it.

L3 Crestwood makes cockpit for the AH 1W and it's very good quality.

Not seeing how this is a liberal issue unless it's just that Obama rubber stamped it.

But these kind of reviews happen on every Government awarded contract. You can almost plan into your quote.
Not a surprise seeing as that his administration sold more arms internationally than any other administration in our nation's history. 

Quote:Not a surprise seeing as that his administration sold more arms internationally than any other administration in our nation's history.

Except that's not what the lawmakers are wanting to look into. They just want another company to build.
Quote:Except that's not what the lawmakers are wanting to look into. They just want another company to build.

Don't care why they're looking into him. I am just saying it's not surprising that his administration attempted to tack on another $418M to their arms dealing tally after he shelled out $200B worth in his two terms.

That's $60B more than Bush's War Mongering administration during their two terms. Just the irony of that. As he sold weapons to Qatar, a known terror-sponsoring state $11B worth of weapons and then tried to push gun control here at home. 

Quote:L3 Crestwood makes cockpit for the AH 1W and it's very good quality.

Not seeing how this is a liberal issue unless it's just that Obama rubber stamped it.

But these kind of reviews happen on every Government awarded contract. You can almost plan into your quote.

There are a couple of red flags that I see in the story, the first one being how the contract was awarded.  Why was it awarded as a "single source" contract when that isn't the case?  If I really cared or wanted to take the time, I would look it up myself but I wonder how much money L3 donated to the democrat party?  Why award it to a company that has never built such a thing, when a company already builds them, and why award the contract at double the price?

L3 built some crew aircraft trainers that I see every day, and the the engineering and quality is well...  let me just say that I know kids that would and could design it better.  The product that they delivered is somewhat "usable", but it's basically junk.  The documentation (or lack thereof) is even worse.

The final question is, why was this passed silently on 0bama's last day in office?
Quote:There are a couple of red flags that I see in the story, the first one being how the contract was awarded.  Why was it awarded as a "single source" contract when that isn't the case?  If I really cared or wanted to take the time, I would look it up myself but I wonder how much money L3 donated to the democrat party?  Why award it to a company that has never built such a thing, when a company already builds them, and why award the contract at double the price?

L3 built some crew aircraft trainers that I see every day, and the the engineering and quality is well...  let me just say that I know kids that would and could design it better.  The product that they delivered is somewhat "usable", but it's basically junk.  The documentation (or lack thereof) is even worse.

The final question is, why was this passed silently on 0bama's last day in office?
Crickets from the media. Pravda proving it's worthlessness once again.
Quote:There are a couple of red flags that I see in the story, the first one being how the contract was awarded. Why was it awarded as a "single source" contract when that isn't the case? If I really cared or wanted to take the time, I would look it up myself but I wonder how much money L3 donated to the democrat party? Why award it to a company that has never built such a thing, when a company already builds them, and why award the contract at double the price?

L3 built some crew aircraft trainers that I see every day, and the the engineering and quality is well... let me just say that I know kids that would and could design it better. The product that they delivered is somewhat "usable", but it's basically junk. The documentation (or lack thereof) is even worse.

Story printed it was the State Department. Not sure that requires Presidential approval.

My L3 experience they were not design authority. You may be right. As a build to print shop we have had great success with them.

I don't like sole source either so we agree.

Quote:Crickets from the media. Pravda proving it's worthlessness once again.

If the media reported on this every time it's all that would be on TV.
Quote:If the media reported on this every time it's all that would be on TV.
They need extra time for all the fake news these days.
Quote:Story printed it was the State Department. Not sure that requires Presidential approval.

My L3 experience they were not design authority. You may be right. As a build to print shop we have had great success with them.

I don't like sole source either so we agree.

If the media reported on this every time it's all that would be on TV.

I could go into more detail regarding L3, but that's really not the point of this thread.  The point is that the contract was awarded as a sole source contract rather than put up for bid.  There is a smaller company that already produces the same product at half the price.  This whole deal kind of reeks of politics.  As I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if L3 donated to the democrat party in the past and was getting  a bone thrown to them.  Either that or somebody at the Pentagon was setting themselves up for a good job at L3 upon their retirement from the military or civil service.