Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poor nations want the US (and others) to pay for poor weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world.../72014440/

Long story short:

-A UN climate change conference is scheduled for December in Paris

-The US, among other developed nations, has already agree to provide a total of $100 billion per year to developing nations affected by weather disasters

-Poor developing nations blame the disasters on climate change caused by pollution and carbon emissions from wealthy, industrialized countries

-Developing nations are seeking an undecided amount above and beyond that $100B/yr.

-The US and EU are, of course, not interested in entertaining that discussion

My take: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Fine. You want more foreign aid because the United States global warming'd up a typhoon? Sure, we'll just recalculate the amount we send you anyway and earmark it out of that. Paying "reparations" for an atmospheric event, that's the sort of laugh I enjoy.

Unless...oh, please, nonspecific forces greater than our comprehension, please let HAARP come up in these discussions! Big Grin

Whats the big deal, it's just money we can always print more! 

This has always been the goal of AGCC hysteria, the rich must give to the poor to make up for killing the planet.

Quote:This has always been the goal of AGCC hysteria, the rich must give to the poor to make up for killing the planet.

Yea cause it's poor people paying these scientists to conspire. That makes sense.
Oh brother.
Screw'em

It was sure nice yesterday and today outside.  Temperatures were lower as was the humidity.  Who would have thought that going into the fall season the climate would start changing?  Surely it must be "man made".  Let's throw money at it!

Quote:It was sure nice yesterday and today outside.  Temperatures were lower as was the humidity.  Who would have thought that going into the fall season the climate would start changing?  Surely it must be "man made".  Let's throw money at it!
Climate change is very real, and it is partially due to human activity. I won't argue against that because people far, far smarter than I have just about proven it to be true.

I will continue to laugh at any country that believes that American activity caused the typhoon, and that America should pay them for it.

I'm still waiting for one of you intrepid folks to introduce HAARP and chemtrails to the discussion. I love it when those come up. Really shows you who the crazies are. Big Grin
Quote:Yea cause it's poor people paying these scientists to conspire. That makes sense.

It's the rich people in poor countries who are pushing this. You know, the ones who'll actually end up with the money.

Quote:It's the rich people in poor countries who are pushing this. You know, the ones who'll actually end up with the money.
sounds like something the GOP would be in favor of. Call it, Trickle Down Aid and you got yourself a midterm winner. 
Quote:sounds like something the GOP would be in favor of. Call it, Trickle Down Aid and you got yourself a midterm winner. 

The GOP is in favor of whatever Obama orders them to do. Of course they'll rant, complain, and promise to oppose it ... until the actual vote comes down.

Quote:The GOP is in favor of whatever Obama orders them to do. Of course they'll rant, complain, and promise to oppose it ... until the actual vote comes down.
Adorable. 
Quote:It's the rich people in poor countries who are pushing this. You know, the ones who'll actually end up with the money.
I agree with this...

Quote:sounds like something the GOP would be in favor of. Call it, Trickle Down Aid and you got yourself a midterm winner. 
...but this made me laugh harder. Point to boudreaumw.
Quote:Yea cause it's poor people paying these scientists to conspire. That makes sense.

The poor are nothing but a tool for the animals who want to be more equal than the others.